simcity 32 bit error

by bmedeiros

Original Post

simcity 32 bit error

★ Novice

Hello,

I keep getting the "Could no start the renderer.  Please ensure your display is set to 32 bit colour. [1001].  I have already tried uninstalling both origin and SimCity.  I have unchecked the option in game properties "enabled origin in game" I have checked my drivers are up to date, i changed my screen resolution to numerous settings, I checked my display is running 32 bit, I don't know what else to do.

I have an HP Envy x360 with AMD ryzen 5 2500u with radeon vega mobile gfx 2.0 hz.

please help :[

Message 1 of 2 (715 Views)

Re: simcity 32 bit error

Hero (Retired)

The newest Radeon graphic drivers are not working correctly with SimCity. The "fix" that seems to work is to install an older driver to use with SimCity. The last driver reported to fix it was non-whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.6.2-june13. Older AMD drivers can be found here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 You may want to go into Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and repair game after installing the new driver, just for good measure. 

I know that installing an older driver is not an optimal solution. @EA_Mai reported in this post that the team is aware and working on a fix. Hope that works.

Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)