"You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

by neo202020

Original Post

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It wont matter if you own the DLC that you need or not, it's EA ploy to hide the server issues, and act like it's the consumers issue.

Message 11 of 74 (2,293 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

★★★ Newbie

Any chance we could get a response on this? I would love to play with other people Standard smile

Message 12 of 74 (2,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Two days now and I havent been able to join a single match.

Please add me TheJase3 and lets get a game going

Message 13 of 74 (2,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, so I upgraded my regular edition bought on Origin to the Digital Deluxe edition with the Upgrade pack. I got a message in the game saying the new deluxe content is available but I still cannot reclaim cities that were abandoned by previous deluxe owners.

What a waste of a 20 dollar upgrade. I still cannot reclaim cities after upgrading my edition. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Message 14 of 74 (2,119 Views)

★ Novice

I did the same thing... bought the digital upgrade to play abandoned cities but this message keep showing... what I can do? 

Message 15 of 74 (1,949 Views)

★ Novice

maybe the problem is because in the website said if you buy digital deluxe it comes with super heros and villains pack but when you gonna see your game on origin it just say you have the cities pack... idk just a supposition. btw sorry my bad english im from Italy.

Message 16 of 74 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Never going to buy another EA game.

Message 17 of 74 (1,934 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree, there is no point keep showing me those games already full. What's in your mind EA, What's in your mind

Message 18 of 74 (1,927 Views)

★ Novice

I just went through the live chat about this issue.  First they told me to look here and find my own answer.  Then they wanted me to do a clean boot of my pc, finally they told me it will most likely by addressed as soon as possible.  Basically no answers to this issue.

Message 19 of 74 (1,807 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem. I have Heroes and Villians, but I don't have Digital Deluxe. Those "Deluxe" city types are just a skin pack for your buildings anyway; that shouldn't matter for inheriting cities. Coupled with the continued inability of the Join Game menu to show us regions with open cities, this means that it's literally impossible to play games with people who aren't already our friends on Origin.

It makes me wonder: who are the "millions of fans loving multiplayer" who Lucy Bradshaw keeps bragging about?

Message 20 of 74 (1,802 Views)