Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content

by pepperjax1230

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@Exsosus
As promised:
https://www.origin.com/swe/sv-se/game-library/ogd/OFB-EAST:48204/extra-content

This is the swedish one but just go to your preferred language and you'll get all the add-ons. The addons will load in your language of the game regardless. I use international english ver of Simcity 2013 and here everything worked.

The only add-on you want to download if you get the complete edition of Simcity 2013 is Nissan Leaf. Its free.
Message 81 of 98 (1,282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

So I have just spent 5 hours yesterday fixing this very exact problem with a new install of Simcity + all DLCs which means Simcity Complete Edition plus download of extra DLCs to match my full version. Here is what you would do today if you install Simcity on a PC/Mac and want to play with a pre-release owner such as someone like myself:

1. Install Complete Edition Simcity

2. Download DLCs: Heroes & Villians , Nissan Leaf (Not included in #1).

3. You now can invite your new-install friend to your region where you're playing.

Take note: The 'new' install player will not be able to re-claim any maps that you have if you have pre-ordered Simcity because you are running something called Plumbo park from 'The Sims' game and it was only given to pre-release people.

You can, however, invite your friend to your region and they may claim any new map that has not been opened by your account first.

Hope this clears up this issue for many people. I had it, some of you had it, and now you know a work-around.

Message 82 of 98 (1,239 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks, @Exsosus - I'm glad you found a solution for your issue. It sounds like your friend couldn't claim a new city in your region? That's a little bit different than the topic of this post, which is when a player tries to claim an abandoned city (one that you were playing and want your friend to take over). 

In that scenario, like you said - if you have the Plumbob park, or any of the other limited-time promo items or country-specific items, your friend would not be able to re-claim a city that you started. But, it is good to know that the Complete Edition plus Heroes & Villians and Nissan Leaf should cover most of the content that is needed.

Happy Building to you and your friend!!

Message 83 of 98 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow Ty for your answer.
Message 84 of 98 (959 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, this solution is not "functional",
for exemple: I have the full version of SimCity with all its DLCs including addons,
Plumbo Park and others are still "unable to claim many abandoned cities" on various maps and regions.
What would be ideal: Have a reset "button" in abandoned cities being possible to claim the city whenever possible.
This is ideal! Think about it EA!

Message 85 of 98 (906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@WellmaxxBR wrote:

Unfortunately, this solution is not "functional",
for exemple: I have the full version of SimCity with all its DLCs including addons,
Plumbo Park and others are still "unable to claim many abandoned cities" on various maps and regions.
What would be ideal: Have a reset "button" in abandoned cities being possible to claim the city whenever possible.
This is ideal! Think about it EA!

I will go try I own everything and all the promotional things. I was very obsessed with this game and had to have everything. I see what you mean and I own all the stuff that ever came with this game. Thats not right to lock people out of claiming it either.

Message 86 of 98 (867 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Exsosus wrote:

Hi,

So I have just spent 5 hours yesterday fixing this very exact problem with a new install of Simcity + all DLCs which means Simcity Complete Edition plus download of extra DLCs to match my full version. Here is what you would do today if you install Simcity on a PC/Mac and want to play with a pre-release owner such as someone like myself:

1. Install Complete Edition Simcity

2. Download DLCs: Heroes & Villians , Nissan Leaf (Not included in #1).

3. You now can invite your new-install friend to your region where you're playing.

Take note: The 'new' install player will not be able to re-claim any maps that you have if you have pre-ordered Simcity because you are running something called Plumbo park from 'The Sims' game and it was only given to pre-release people.

You can, however, invite your friend to your region and they may claim any new map that has not been opened by your account first.

Hope this clears up this issue for many people. I had it, some of you had it, and now you know a work-around.

So I have everything to all the content and bonus stuff to from the editions I got and I still can't claim an abandon city that says you don't have the content for that.
Message 87 of 98 (862 Views)

★ Guide

Olá pepperjax1230

pepperjax1230

Thanks for the comment and for supporting my "call" to EA to allow us to fully play The SimCity!
I have made numerous calls for EA to stand up and allow us to fully play The SimCity !!
For this EA just needs to "create a reset button" so that any abandoned city can be "RESET" and "CLAIM"
allowing any player, from the simplest to the most complete game, I can "RESET" the abandoned city and claim it and play freely !!

ATTENTION EA !!
We wish only that !!
A RESET BUTTON FOR ABANDONED CITIES !!
Freedom to play with ANY VERSION OF GAME SIMCITY !!

Message 88 of 98 (852 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pepperjax1230 - There are abandoned cities from players who may be from other countries or had a pre-order bonus or a different promotional item that unfortunately are just not obtainable. These include Country-specific special buildings, the Launch Arcology, Progressive Insurance, and a Crest promotion that ran for a limited time. I made a detailed list in this post if you're interested in the details.

Message 89 of 98 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@BlackjackWidow wrote:

@pepperjax1230 - There are abandoned cities from players who may be from other countries or had a pre-order bonus or a different promotional item that unfortunately are just not obtainable. These include Country-specific special buildings, the Launch Arcology, Progressive Insurance, and a Crest promotion that ran for a limited time. I made a detailed list in this post if you're interested in the details.

But I have those items. All of them I was very obsessed over this game and had to have everything so I would get items from EA that I didn't have. I am probably the best person to test it out because I literally have it all except the country based DLC But I have the Deluxe Edition stuff I preordered COT So I have the roller coaster and the launch Arcology thing I have a heart balloon park thing and the crest stuff.Also the progressive building that really isn't that useful LOL  ETA: So I have all the country based DLC now and its what causing you not to be able to claim them I just claimed one I couldn't before. So they should make it available for everyone I mean technically its still around if you use a VPN to get it. Or they should flush out abandoned cities to make them playable for everyone.

Message 90 of 98 (832 Views)