Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

by t0bzsmith

Original Post

"You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

★★★ Novice

I can't seem to join any regions with open cities because of this message. I bought the standard version of the game but I just can't find any regions that were made by someone with the same version.

There seems to be no way to filter for regions created using a certain game version (or even regions with open spots), which makes finding a region to play completely impossible.

Message 1 of 74 (7,194 Views)

Re: "You cannot claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it."

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, this sucks. I tried to claim a city and got this silly message. If EA insisted making SimCity an online/community game, at least they should not put such ridiculous obstacles in it. Plus the game fails to give any options to remedy the situation, the gamer is left in the dark.

Message 2 of 74 (6,989 Views)

★★★ Novice

This really needs to be addressed.

Message 3 of 74 (6,945 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the game on amazon and also keep seeing this message when I try to join games. They should also give us a setting that shows games with available spaces and ones I can actually play. Do something EA!

Message 4 of 74 (6,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hurry up and fix this crap. I have owned this game for three days and have still not been able to play in a region with other people.

Simcerely,

Really pissed off

Message 5 of 74 (6,364 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed, this is super sketchy. Apparently you don't even need to plop any DLC content to restrict. By simply claiming a city with DLC added to your account you're restricting it from those who lack the DLC. It also goes directly against their claims that standard users can mingle with deluxe users without any limitations...which is turning out to be a lie.

Message 6 of 74 (6,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

fix this ASAP plz.....

Message 7 of 74 (6,156 Views)

★★ Guide

@MegalopoLips wrote:

Simcerely,

HA!

Message 8 of 74 (6,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so now that I can finally get on to servers I now cant claim a single city, everything gives me this stupid message. Please fix this or make the search better so that I can filter out stuff that I cant connect to this is very annoying because your join game screen sucks it gives me no options at all so im left clicking through cities 1 by 1. VERY ANNOYING.

Message 9 of 74 (6,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Similar problem, but I OWN THE DLC... soooooooo...............?

Message 10 of 74 (5,795 Views)