Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

"Validating" Forever

by notabatman

Original Post

Highlighted

"Validating" Forever

★★★★ Novice

Hi I just bought Simcity via digital download from the store.. I downloaded and installed but when I try to play it tells me I need to "Activate the game" by inputting my username and password despite already being logged in to my origin account. It briefly flashes up something that says "validating" but then nothing happens and the button is greyed out and it just says "validating" forever, I'm pretty annoyed I'd like to play this game I just bought.. I've tried manually entering the product code and cancelling my firewall but they don't work either.

Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: "Validating" Forever

Community Manager (retired)

There was a problem with Origin game registration last week, which may have caused your issue. Contact our customer service, who should be able to sort you out. Standard smile

To contact an advisor using the new EA Help page, please take the steps below:

Click the following link and log in: https://help.ea.com/en/

helplogin.PNG

Then click on Help with a Game, and choose your game. If your game isn't listed, try entering the name on the search bar to the right. Alternately you can choose the Browse By Topic option and choose your relevant topic. If it is an account issue that doesn't require Game Advisor assistance, you can click the Manage Account button.

helpbuttons.PNG

On the next page you will see a bunch of articles, links to community fixes, and a manuals tab for the chosen game.

gamespage.PNG

If the articles aren't relevant to you, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will get an option to Contact Us.

helpcontactus.PNG

Click this and you will be prompted to choose your platform, the topic of your issue and to give a brief description of the issue at hand.

helpplatform.PNGhelpcode slim.PNG

You will then have your options available, such as having a Live Chat with an advisor, or scheduling a callback if it is available in your region.

helpchatbutton.PNG

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 2 (54 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help