please help

by pcvideos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

please help

★★★ Newbie

Hello i am new at this game and i tried to make an international airport i sent the oil but when i tried to sent the alloy and the metal it stoped taking resources from trade depot it says alloy contributions have stalled and the same for the metal i tried to make the trade depot to export and import again it sent some resources and stoped again pls help

Message 1 of 13 (1,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: please help

Hero (Retired)

Just a quick note so you're not concerned, after you have sent all the resources, supplied the workers and power, and it starts construction, it can take a long while to finish. Do something else in your city and just let it run. Don't enter any other cities until you get the message to "cut the ribbon" and it opens. 

I've never built the international airport before, but with the arcology and solar farms, it can take up to a Sim-week to fully construct depending on regional traffic and server lag and stuff. Stay in the city that completed the GW until you can see that it is working. Then, if you're the mayor of any other cities, you can enter the others connected to the GW. At first, it will look like it hasn't been built. Don't worry, you will eventually get a message that it is constructing, then a "cut the ribbon" message, and it will be all good.

Whatever you do - do NOT try to start it again or send resources from another city. You'll totally bug it out and destroy your region. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (1,268 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

now after some minutes i realised that the circles at the to left says that i already sent the resources but the airport isnt ready

Message 2 of 13 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i fortgot when i restarted the game the circles were gone
Message 3 of 13 (1,023 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pcvideoswrote:

now after some minutes i realised that the circles at the to left says that i already sent the resources but the airport isnt ready

After you supply all the resources, your city will need to send power and people. Make sure you have enough surplus power & unemployed workers. Then it can be quite a wait. If you were having trouble with the resources getting to the Great Works, it might be regional traffic. Check your traffic - your city (or others in the region) can back up regional freeways if you're not careful. If you have backups, try re-configuring your entrance to clear up traffic jams. 

Building a GW takes resources and A LOT of patience. Wait a few Sim-days, and watch the freeway traffic. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thanks for helping me i will try to have some more power and build a megatower so i can have enough workes. About the resources i can wait for the traffic the problem is that the tracks never leave the trade depo to go at the airport
Message 5 of 13 (976 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Make sure you have pressed the button to turn on deliveries for the resource.

Trade depot storage has to be set to either "Import" or "Use locally" (or both) to send the resources. If they're set to "Export", they will sell the resources.

There is a bug that sometimes hits trade depots & ports, where the trucks either disappear or stop working. If you have the settings right, try demolishing all the truck garages in the depot and rebuilding.

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 13 (971 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ok thanks again i want to ask a question is there any problem if i have 2 trade depots? with alloy and metal
Message 7 of 13 (967 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Nope - no problem at all. That's the way I do it all the time. I find it's easier to keep track and just works better if I have a different trade depot for every resource. 

Message 8 of 13 (965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hello again sorry if i am being annoying but the bubble at the top left says that i completed the alloy but when i am going back to the airport says 1.220 and not 1.500 is this a bug or something can i fix it somehow?
Message 9 of 13 (957 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@pcvideoswrote:
hello again sorry if i am being annoying but the bubble at the top left says that i completed the alloy but when i am going back to the airport says 1.220 and not 1.500 is this a bug or something can i fix it somehow?

Not a bug, just the usual lag associated with this game Standard smile  Just give it time, the numbers should all catch up with each other.

(sort of an explanation) I *think* this means the truck made the last delivery, so the GW knows you have completed the alloy, but the truck needs to get back to your city before the city stats "know" it's been delivered. That's my guess, anyway.

Message 10 of 13 (954 Views)