is it ok to delete all files from the rom disk and fill it up with my own files?

by Jerryautisumgame

Original Post

Accepted Solution

is it ok to delete all files from the rom disk and fill it up with my own files?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i dont want to alarm anyone about piratsy, but i just want to fill the disk with my own videos from my channel Jerry the gamer so i can watch them offline. just in case.

Message 1 of 6 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: is it ok to delete all files from the rom disk and fill it up with my own fi

Hero (Retired)

OK - so what disk do you want to fill with your YouTube videos? I guess I'm confused on how to help. It doesn't seem to be a question about SimCity. Do you have an old SimCity disk that you want to delete the files from? I don't believe that's possible, because manufactured disks are pressed and therefore you can't delete the files from it. If this is what you're looking to do, you will need some CD-R's so that you can burn your videos to them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (366 Views)

All Replies

Re: is it ok to delete all files from the rom disk and fill it up with my own fi

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Jerryautisumgame  - I don't think you've posted in the right place. This is a forum for the PC game SimCity. Perhaps you could find the forum for the game you play, and ask your question there? 

Message 2 of 6 (403 Views)

★ Novice

this is a game i play. i play this game every weekend when im board.

Message 3 of 6 (374 Views)

Hero (Retired)

OK - so what disk do you want to fill with your YouTube videos? I guess I'm confused on how to help. It doesn't seem to be a question about SimCity. Do you have an old SimCity disk that you want to delete the files from? I don't believe that's possible, because manufactured disks are pressed and therefore you can't delete the files from it. If this is what you're looking to do, you will need some CD-R's so that you can burn your videos to them.

Message 4 of 6 (367 Views)

★ Novice

i wanted to delete the files from this game's dvd-roms, but since you said that the files can't be deleted, i guess i might as well use some cd-rs my mom has on the dining room self. thank's for your help @BlackjackWidow!

Message 5 of 6 (363 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You're welcome @Jerryautisumgame Happy Building!
Message 6 of 6 (354 Views)