Re: Simcity graphic error

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: failed to allocate a graphics resource [1008]

EA app Team

Hi @Blackbelttx16,

First... welcome to the community! Standard smile

Thanks for posting that first part of your dxdiag. Unfortunately, we cannot see information about your graphics card in there, which would be very helpful. Would you mind following these instructions to get a complete dxdiag and attach it to your answer?: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Let us know if any step is not clear Wink

Thank you! 

-Mai

Message 41 of 46 (2,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just got a ASUS gaming computer today and now it wont open sim city complete edition!?!?!?

Message 42 of 46 (2,080 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @AudieSmailes,

New computer, awesome!

Sorry to read it's giving you some trouble with SimCity, could you give us more details of what is happening? Are you getting any error messages?

Also, have you tried to repair the game through Origin? You would need to right click on it and select 'Repair' option.

If that doesn't help, could you please give us more technical information about your computer? A dxdiag would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 43 of 46 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Long shot I know but thought as Imm away Id break out Sim city on my wifes laptop that I brought here with me. Some how the error message comes up, will this laptop run Sim city or am i better off watching Netflix for the next 2 weeks? Attached Dxdiag to hopefully give me an idea......

Message 44 of 46 (1,878 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @AbC5899a9706814 - If it were my choice, I'd choose SimCity over Netflix, but your decision will probably be made depending on how much work you want to put in on this error Standard smile

So, your DXDiag says there's a problem with your display driver. ("There is a problem with Intel UHD Graphics 620 device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 43'") In a quick read-through, I didn't find anything directly about SimCity, but I fully admit I'm not great at reading DXDiag. 

So, I did the recommended search and found this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4341212/windows-10-fix-graphics-device-problems-error-code-... I'm presuming your error is coming from a corrupted driver somewhere, which could be because of some errors you experienced during Windows Update (there are some listed at the bottom of the dxdiag) 

My recommendation would be to follow the steps to uninstall the graphics driver for the laptop, and install the newest driver you can find. That would be the quickest, easiest way to make sure it's not a driver issue. Also run Windows Update again, and just get the laptop updated and secure; that will just give you a good starting point.

Now, SimCity-specific things - 

1. Set Origin.exe and SimCity.exe to "run as Administrator"
  2. Make sure Origin and SimCity are both listed as exceptions in your anti-virus and firewall settings
  3. If you have BitDefender (antivirus program) or Nahimic 2 (MSI sound program) installed, disable or uninstall - these are known to block SimCity 
  4. If all of the above doesn't work, try setting the SimCity executable to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode (right-click shortcut > properties > compatibility tab)
  5. Also on the shortcut compatibility tab, click on "Change High DPI Settings" > Check "Override High DPI scaling behavior" and choose "Scaling performed by application"
  6. In Origin, right-click SimCity icon and choose to "Repair Game"
  7. In Origin, right-click SimCity icon and choose to "Disable Origin in-game"
  8. Run SimCityRecovery.exe (as Administrator) - default location is \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery

Hopefully something here will help - happy building!

Message 45 of 46 (1,855 Views)

Re: FALHA AO ALOCAR OS GRAFICOS .O SIMCITY VAI SAIR [1008]

★★ Novice

Salve!  Acabei de passar por esse mesmo problema, que é provocado pelo Windows.
Siga os passos abaixo para resolver.

Hey! I just faced this issue which is caused by Windows.
Here comes the solution:

1) Press WIN + R

2) Type sysdm.cpl and OK

3) Choose HARDWARE

4) Device Configuration Instalation

5) Select NO
6) Save it.
7) Restart your system
8) Reinstall the Graphics Drivers

Be happy!

Message 46 of 46 (1,223 Views)