Your city is not processing properly Since 2013-2017

by adamwillemse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Your city is not processing properly Since 2013-2017

★★★ Novice

Hello anyone get this issue Your city is not processing properly. Would you like to roll back your city to a working state or abandon your city?

I cant play since the game got out 2013 and its 2017 and still cant play Online what the Hell is going on Nobody seems to get this Error Fixed 

Message 1 of 8 (2,082 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Your city is not processing properly Since 2013-2017

Community Manager

If you restart your system with a Clean Boot do you see any difference in the experience

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

It may also help to delete the user data folder in your install you'll find it at C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\SimCity\SimCityUserData by default

Be sure to make a backup before doing this, just in case something breaks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,168 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

This seems to be a generic error. It sounds like there was corruption of the save state, hopefully the rollback doesn't lead to much progress loss. 

Are you able to roll back the city?

Or are you saying you've never been able to play the game online at all? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,060 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes i can rolleback but then Everything is gone Each time when i enter to create a city 1 Minute later Then it gives that error happen each time no matter what i do i have no mods in it that why i never play Online Because of that error but now 1 of my friends have invited me to play so i started a new city got the same error seems a lot of people have this problem  

Message 3 of 8 (2,054 Views)

Community Manager

If you restart your system with a Clean Boot do you see any difference in the experience

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

It may also help to delete the user data folder in your install you'll find it at C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\SimCity\SimCityUserData by default

Be sure to make a backup before doing this, just in case something breaks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (2,169 Views)

★ Novice

If this thread is still open. I have tried multiplayer for the first time. 

I have done two solutions above 3 times, but I keep getting looped in any city I start or play.

Any long term solutions!?

Message 5 of 8 (1,622 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteakSKartofi wrote:

If this thread is still open. I have tried multiplayer for the first time. 

I have done two solutions above 3 times, but I keep getting looped in any city I start or play.

Any long term solutions!?

Just to be clear, did either of the solutions seem to work for a while? Are you starting a new city, or trying to play the same city? After the clean boot, did it work for a time? If it works with a clean boot, there's a bit of investigation that needs to happen, to try to find the offending program. What is the exact error message you're getting?

Here are a few basics that you should try:

• Make sure your Origin, SimCity and OS drivers are updated, particularly the graphics drivers
  • Set Origin.exe and SimCity.exe to both "Run As Administrator"
  • Make sure Origin.exe and SimCity.exe are added to exception lists for your anti-virus, firewall and any other Internet security software like Ad-Block
  • Disable proxy servers
  • If you have BitDefender (anti-virus/malware program) or MSI Nahimic 2 (audio management program) installed, disable or uninstall. Both are known to block SimCity with weird consequences 
  • In Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and choose to Repair Game
  • Run SimCityRecovery.exe - default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery (Run "As Administrator" from the file itself, don't use any menu shortcuts)

If it still happens, please reply back with some more specifics - what OS are you running, the exact error message you get, what happens when you choose to rollback? 

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 8 (1,611 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I just bought this game last night and this is a fresh install on a new laptop.

Message 7 of 8 (1,258 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @DustyinLVNV - just to be certain that I understand, you started the game and were playing successfully last night and your city started giving a "not processing properly" error? You may have had a connection issue (not necessarily on your end) that corrupted the server-side save. I'm not sure if there was some server maintenance going on that caused an interruption.

I gave some tips to try to help in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/One-of-my-cities-is-in-endless-quot-rolling-back-quot-phase/m...

Give it a read through, and if that is the issue you're having, give the options I listed a try. Reply back in that thread so we can see any similarities. In your case, with a brand new city, you might be better off just abandoning that one and starting a new one. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,245 Views)