You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

by ccso

Original Post

Re: You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

★ Novice

I think the issue stems from EA's packaging of the content.  For example, these 2 users have the same content but purchased it differently: A) user A buys SimCity Deluxe; B) user B first buys SimCity standard and then purchases the deluxe upgrade.  I think that the game sees each user's content as something the other does not have.

Spent hours chatting with Origin support today about this.  Those dummies had me running the SimCity recovery app, then running the Repair Install from the Origin client, then finally performing a manual uninstall.  Come on.

Message 51 of 59 (1,446 Views)

Re: You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

★★ Novice

Hi, when im in the game and look at the shopping cart ingame it shows that i can buy the deluxe upgrade package, everything else is ticked as i have bought it allready. I did buy the deluxe version when i first bought the game though and have every dlc installed, the free ones and the others, but im wondering what would happen if i buy the deluxe upgrade package, will it be just a waste of money cause i allready have the full package or could it be as simple as it will give me the access to every abandoned city? it would be a $33 experiment if i go for it, what do you guys think? should i try or will it just fail? feedbacks appreciated

Message 52 of 59 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, i did try it and as suspected it failed. Also as suspected they have not fixed this issue during the offline mode work. Thanks for making me stuff more money up your bowels EA & Maxis, don't count on me buying anything from you leechers again.

Message 53 of 59 (1,172 Views)

Re: You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used

★★★ Newbie

I have 3 cities in my region that I would love to claim and have downloaded every single DLC set and still get this error.  Its a pain because I cannot transfer the region to single player without claiming the abandoned cities. EA needs to fix this ASAP!

Message 54 of 59 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So Maxis does not exists anymore. Any chance for resolution?

Message 55 of 59 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It appears that this is still an issues. Would love to get a fix for this. It seems to have been an issue for quite some time. 

Message 56 of 59 (839 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA will never fix this. And with Maxis assimilated into EA, no more updates to this game. You can own every bit of DLC available and get this error.

Message 57 of 59 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3 years later and this is STILL a problem, and if you talk to EA support, they STILL tell us to post on the forums.

Useless customer support, game is broken.

Message 58 of 59 (746 Views)

★ Guide

EA can create a simple "RESET BUTTON" to clean abandoned cities by releasing them for whatever Gamer can use !!
There is only "GOOD WILL" and Respect for the SimCity Gamers !!
Long live SimCity !! Long Life to SimCity Gamers !!

Message 59 of 59 (584 Views)