You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

by ccso

Original Post

Re: You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

★★★ Newbie

Zorro,

Great post. I hope you get their attention. I bought this game on release day and tried playing for a short period. I quit because of the giant mess they created. I returned yesterday with higher hopes; things seem better, but this disservice to the customers going to make me quit again.

Strategically speaking, forcing users to purchase DLC content by creating incompatibility between "versions" is the kind of idea that will explode in your face. You will destroy the entire long term customer base, the ones continuously providing an annual cash flow.

If EA really wants to move forward with this strategy, they need to make it immediately obvious to the user what content to purchase to reclaim a city; additionally, it should actually work!

Sincerely,

Mitchell Tharp

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mitchell-tharp/15/773/574

Message 41 of 59 (1,484 Views)

Re: You can not claim this city because you do not own some of the content used to create it

★ Novice

It's been quite some time.  Perhaps we can get an update?

Message 42 of 59 (1,401 Views)

★ Novice

Perhaps, as a community, we could simply make the game unplayable and Maxis would have no choice but to address the issue directly.  The problem I have with this is that the developers have not really told us that they are concerned about this.

My suggestion:

Let's willingly abandon cities left and right.  Create an issue that someone will have to take notice of.  Then perhaps we can at least get some answers.

Message 43 of 59 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have an update on this yet?  Can we just destroy the city we are trying to claim?

I need a specific city location to begin building the Space Shuttle launch great works.

I have a city with over 200mil simoloeans and I can only gift the city I cannot claim.

Building the space shuttle launch great works is impossible if I cannot claim that specific city.

When will this be fixed?

Message 44 of 59 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If we all stopped exporting that would stop the game.

That would force the devs to get this fixed.

Message 45 of 59 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisBazajaytee wrote:

This is something we are working on resolving in a future update and how to handle the city whether that be restarting the city fresh or destroying any of the content not owned by the new owner is still being investgiated at this time.

What if I own all content available (pre-order Deluxe, airships, amusement parks, Crest attractions, LEAF, Red Cross) but I still cannot reclaim a city?

Antarctica | Three Rivers Delta | Washtub Fields is the city that gives this error message; is this a bug or is there some other content I don't know of?

Message 46 of 59 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also getting this error, PLEASE FIX!!!

Message 47 of 59 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice
I own all DLC and get this error. There is literally no more content I can get, so how is it that every time some random dude abandons a city in my region, I cannot reclaim it? This basically kills the whole point of multiplayer and the horribly bad always-on requirement.
Message 48 of 59 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WHen they do fix the stupid thing perhaps, even mentioning what DLC you actually need, could be heaps?

Message 49 of 59 (1,049 Views)

★★ Novice

still an issue, sadly

Message 50 of 59 (952 Views)