Windows 10 Simcity 5 freeze

by -Psyfoss-

Original Post

Windows 10 Simcity 5 freeze

★ Novice

Hello since the installation of Windows 10 SimCity regularly freezes after 10-40 Minutes. It never froze for years on the same PC before.

Can you help finding the error?

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 3 (2,678 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Simcity 5 freeze

EA DICE Team

Hi @-Psyfoss-,

Did you do a fresh install of W10 or an upgrade? An upgrade can sometimes lead to some issues. I would advise to try the following steps regardless:

1. Make sure you update your gpu drivers via a clean install.
  2. Backup any save games you have, then remove and reinstall the game.
  3. After reinstalling and before restoring your backups, try the game again. If it works, you might have corrupt files in your save games. In that case just start over.
  4. Turn off Origin in-game.
  5. Make sure you have the appropriate gaming profile setup.

This should solve most of your issues. If there is anything else you need help with, please feel free to reach out to me.

Message 2 of 3 (2,595 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Simcity 5 freeze

★★ Novice

Wanted to Reply as I tried something and it atleast for about 1 whole hour cured my crash problem.  This was happening on Windows 10 on a PC that could run Fallout 4 on nearly maxed graphics among other high end titles with little issues in 2018 where after about 1 or so hours once my city really started humming it would have a memory error and close.  

So what I tried was right clicking the game icon shortcut on my desktop and clicked restore previous versions.  then checked Run this program in compatability mode for:  then in the drop box I choose Windows 7.  Hit Ok to save then for the heck of it right clicked the icon again and choose run as administrator.  I wanted to play and test longer, but didn't want to forget posting this suggestion in case it helps others who have had a broken Simcity 5 game for the last several weeks months years???  Good Luck happy building!

Message 3 of 3 (902 Views)