Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

by orionxxx666

Original Post

Re: Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

★★★★ Novice

@scottone wrote:

@orionxxx666 wrote:

.... And, just admit that they sold us a Beta? And, when can we expect another attempt at fixing this completely broken game?

They didn't sell us a beta, they honestly believed everything was working when launching the game.  You can expect another patch about every 1-2 weeks.  The game isn't completely broken, it just has a larger than normal amount of bugs in it that is pretty much on par with any other EA game released.  You can build cities and it still works even with the bugs, which most have work-arounds for.

not to sound like a debbie downer but its really sad that Maxis/EA has to keep an updated post about workarounds for bugs... we should be able to buy a game and play without having to look at message boards to see how to get around a freaking bug... ive never looked at a message board more then this game just to see what new problems im gonna have in the game.. its just pathetic... and the games been out for a few months

Message 31 of 35 (124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to be pretty positive about the whole situation, but you are so right.  It's just so sad at this point.  Nothing anyone can even do about it.  Was giving 4.0 some time, but its just as bad as 3.1  Just different bugs now so we have to learn new work arounds.  What a disaster, so disappointing.  Have been looking forward to a new SimCity for so long...

Message 32 of 35 (104 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ohernia you're absolutely spot on! Ive never had so many issues with a game and so much time gone by without any major solution provided.
Scottone when will you call a spade a spade?
Message 33 of 35 (96 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far in my 80+ hours of playing I've generally encountered similar if not identical issues: Cars getting stuck on avenues causing hellish, unmoving traffic, allowing an arsonist to run rampant every bloody day with fire service and police being stuck in jams.  This generally only happens when I have high density commerical; it's a bug I have experienced from day 1.

Not that I am going to jump in and start complaining myself; but it's not like I sympathise with everyone here whom payed money for this game.  It'd be nice for someone to actually explain where they screwed up, and if they are genuinely dedicating all thier time to fixing bugs.

Also, what kinda upset me more than the recurring bugs was the fact they didn't include the T2 ambulances in the game, silly for some but for me I was hoping for them Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 34 of 35 (89 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Joel620 wrote:
Ohernia you're absolutely spot on! Ive never had so many issues with a game and so much time gone by without any major solution provided.
Scottone when will you call a spade a spade?

I dunno... I've still had fun playing this instalment but I've had just as much disappointment... I'm just an optimist and believe that anything can be fixed if they put in the time and effort.  I just hope they don't give up before the game is fixed and every system in the game works flawlessly.

Message 35 of 35 (82 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help