Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

by orionxxx666

Original Post

Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

★★★★ Novice

.... And, just admit that they sold us a Beta? And, when can we expect another attempt at fixing this completely broken game?

Message 1 of 35 (546 Views)

Re: Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Totally!

3.0?!?!? Already?  And why?  You say you fixed busses.  No. Not even close.  They bunch like a hive of bees and are **bleep** near useless. Traffic is completely borked still, in large part because of busses (municiple, and school), and garbage and recycling trucks bunching behavior. And yet those truck won't pick up crap they pass right by.  Also, strange surges in population and just traffic as a whole can really cripple a city. I'm not talking about ruch hour, I get that.  I'm talking just random unending traffic for no apparent reason. Plenty of public tranport that is not used, but they still flood the inter-city highway and thus the city streets.

The data feedback clearly has nothing to do with what's going on in the game:  High Industrial Demand, but industry closing because "nowhere to ship freight, and low skill" ; No workers in Industry, commercial, and city services, yet all of residential going bankrupt, homeless and refusing to go to schools where there are plenty of desks.  And this is all in the same game and same city!! What the hell is going on here?!?!  I'd LOVE for a developer to hop in this city and tell me what the hell is wrong with it.  And it doesn't help that you still clearly didn't fix trading as I've lost millions in undelivered gifts.  Trading of power and other commodities is still broken as well.  Why won't you buy power when the neighbor shows a surplus well over what you need?

That is just one city.  Hop out to another region, or even a city in the same region and your experience could be totally different.  You said you fixed the recycling center bug that prevents it from operating after filling its resources while sharing trucks with other cities.  Nope.  But it does seem you killed some of the feedback that let us know it had come to a screeching halt for no reason.  No longer does it say its full, it empties it and produces very little poduct all while your trucks stop picking up the recyclables.  A recycling center will onl;y work reliably if you do not share trucks with neighbors.  That's pretty f-ed up in a game where you made small cities to encourage multiple city use.  Hell, the trading system as a whole is screwed. Again, especially when you've touted the game as region-play, you are really screwing us by not having tuned and debugged before you dropped this game.

Speaking of dropping, I dropped $80 bucks on it nearly a year ago and have (by your screwy app's estimate) over 240 hours in it and I now want to drop it in the toilet it deserves.  It is so frustrating to play. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what occurs in-game.

I'm going back to citiesXL.  At least they figured out how to give people permanent homes, and jobs, not the arbitrary data you call sims. I'm mostly kidding.  That game has some issues too, mostly there is not near enough detail (city services being my favorite), but at least they can give people homes and tell you exactly how many are living, working, shopping, and where they do each!  Try figuring that out in SimCity where that data changes all the time!

In case a developer does actually care to see a region completely hampered by bugs you say you fixed and refusal to work properly, contact me.  If you care to try yourself, I'm on NA East 2, Titan's Gorge, Settler's Rest or Nest, whatever.  I started this city out as a commuter city, but that never happened.  No one ever went to the thousands of available jobs in the next two cities, even when provided with the highway connection, train and busses.  BS!

Message 2 of 35 (528 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I double-dog dare anyone from EA/Maxis to honestly admit that they knew what they were selling. Of course, that would make them fraudulent. Hmmmm, a fraudulent corporation? Naaaaa, those don't exist.

Message 3 of 35 (524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This game is more like 0.3 version.  I can't understand how half of these problems could have slipped through a beta test.  Most of the problems aren't even hardware or software specific.  It's just bad programming.  It seems like they just demoed the game here and there, never played it for more than 5 minutes, then just went "it's all good, ready for launch."  Why get rid of water pipes, electricity lines, and highways?  Why take the control out of population density and slap it together with road size?  The traffic problems could have been alleviated simply by not making zone desnity based off of the roads.  How do none of the statistics in the game ever match up?  Come on, you guys, where were you for Simcity 4?  Did the entire Maxis team get replaced with n00bs?

Message 4 of 35 (498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got Simcity 4 because I was so deeply disappointed and frustrated with this version, but it just depressed me more, given that there is so much in 4 that should have been in 5. My only guess as to why so much wasn't included is that the broken AI for 5 couldn't have handled any more complexity or scale. Either that, or, i dunno... the whole thing was rushed and underfunded to make a quick buck? Who knows. It's hard to tell what exactly caused this travesty when the company can't ever admit to how much they **bleep**ed up. It's a joke as a standalone game and it's an epic tragedy as a sequel.

Message 5 of 35 (491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I guess I will just play MWO until the next patch for this game. OrionXXX in that universe.

Message 6 of 35 (489 Views)

★★★ Guide

@orionxxx666 wrote:

.... And, just admit that they sold us a Beta? And, when can we expect another attempt at fixing this completely broken game?

They didn't sell us a beta, they honestly believed everything was working when launching the game.  You can expect another patch about every 1-2 weeks.  The game isn't completely broken, it just has a larger than normal amount of bugs in it that is pretty much on par with any other EA game released.  You can build cities and it still works even with the bugs, which most have work-arounds for.

Message 7 of 35 (460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have already pretty much gone through all the stages of grief at this point, and have pretty much given up.  Started off furious, then thought it had to be a really sad joke, then I thought sympathizing with them would help... Now I just realize that we have all completely been taken advantage of, tricked into purchasing a junk product by luring us with a title we all grew up on and loved, and now we are all stuck with it, rebuilding crap cities over and over hoping that every one will be the one that finally works right.  

I don't know about you guys, but I'm 250+ hours in and I'm about over restarting cities, regions, and being treated like complete crap.  

Message 8 of 35 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry scottone but that just isn't true.  At this point, Arcology is completely broken and has ruined entire regions.  Bus depots are also destroying traffic in many of my cities, as well as garbage and recycling also destroying my gambling cities.  These may not be huge in dinky 30k pop cities, but in established 700k+ regions with 200k+ cities, that will completely destroy them.  I have several regions I just can't play because they instantly go into unfixable red because of bugs that will completely ruin them.

Not to mention the sprinkling of server issues that still abound such as; Cannot connect to server at this time, Incorrect login credentials, Unable to load the city at this time.

Which are almost always rectified by trying to reconnect a few times or waiting a few minutes and trying again...

Please see an earlier post I made on Arcology.  The numbers just don't lie, my apologies. 

Message 9 of 35 (456 Views)

★★★ Guide

All of my cities have about 300-500k pop and I've built every great work in the game including the Arcology which is working for me.  It levels out my population detail tab to help with balancing.  What is it about the depots that are destroying your city?  How is garbage and recycling destroying your city and why do you even have a recycling centre in a city specializing in gambling?  Recycling centres are used mainly for cities that need a specific raw material otherwise everything can just go in the garbage (**bleep** the environment :robotlolStandard smile.  The only city I can't play is the one that is "unable to load at this time" all of the others work.  My biggest concern at the moment is with my gambling city spawning ridiculous amounts of tourists on the highway but it still works.

Message 10 of 35 (443 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help