Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will Someone from EA or Maxis Step Up to the Plate....

by orionxxx666

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

scottone,

Do you speak for EA/Maxis? If they did believe their product was ready for launch, they were either stupid or ignorant or both.

Larger than normal amount of bugs that is on par... Wow! The bar has really been lowered for what should be an acceptable game that people payed for and is still screwed up 2.5 months later. If this game was so close to being ready, then why are we already on patch 3.0? These are all rhetorical questions, as any answer given is moot. At least by you.

Now, if someone from the corporations mentioned want to say, "yeah, we believed this game was ready for launch", then that is what I would classify as a blatant lie. That's OK, because in this world, accountability is a forsaken virtue.

On a side note: I love having my "private" region names censored. Hell, I couldn't even make a Hooterville. As some of the Web Banner Ads that are flying around.... this is NOT my city, my way. Classic.

Message 11 of 35 (492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I smell a mole.... Scottone was planted. those numbers are not possible with these cities. http://i.imgur.com/Dg6aDLd.jpg My city lost half of its population from my buildings not building. wth? these cities hit a critical mass and implode. :robotsad:

Message 12 of 35 (479 Views)

★★★ Guide

I still don't understand how creating complaint posts or asking EA to admit anything is going to help fix the game.  The only thing that will fix the game is by you reporting your problems so that the developers can patch them.

Message 13 of 35 (464 Views)

Message 14 of 35 (456 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@epicnick121 wrote:

I smell a mole.... Scottone was planted. those numbers are not possible with these cities. http://i.imgur.com/Dg6aDLd.jpg My city lost half of its population from my buildings not building. wth? these cities hit a critical mass and implode. :robotsad:

We genetically engineered scottone to be able to sniff out bugs and find workarounds, about 25 years ago. Then we raised him as a normal human beings, and about 3 months ago we kidnapped him during his cigarette break at his job (some call center in the greater Manchester area) and chained him to a computer in a basement in an undisclosed location (presumably Dr Wu's tower... and I just realized as I wrote it the parallel with Dr Who, way to go, me!).

Regarding your requests of someone acknowledging a messy launch, you might want to read this posting by our Chief Operating Officer, Peter Moore. He may sport the most evil-looking goatee in the industry, but if there's one thing I can vouch for, it's that Peter knows his stuff. In his words:

Are we really the “Worst Company in America?”  I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve made plenty of mistakes. These include server shut downs too early, games that didn’t meet expectations, missteps on new pricing models and most recently, severely fumbling the launch of SimCity.  We owe gamers better performance than this.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 15 of 35 (452 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I am looking for is the game I payed for and which still doesnt work for 100% after 2 months.

This game should had never been released in the first place and not even the free game is sufficient.

Maxis and EA are a disgrace by putting this pill of junk into the market. 

Message 16 of 35 (449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Creating complaint posts is cathartic, and the volume and content of complaint posts serves as an indicator of user disatisfaction, which would otherwise possibly be presumed to be not that intense - just as some people assume there aren't a slew of bugs just because they haven't personally run into city after city falling apart.

Wanting acknowledgement from EA is an attempt to get some token gesture from a company that refuses refunds on a product that is, for many people, so broken it is unusable. Some people can work around the bugs they encounter. For others, it makes the game unplayable. They can't get a refund. The patches aren't fixing the problems, or they're making it worse. So god forbid they come onto a forum and look for some kind of meager crumb of catharsis.

Message 17 of 35 (443 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

God forbid they do it on a General Discussion SimCity forum, designed to host feedback, instead of complaining on Answer HQ, where players try and help one another with issues and we report the rest for fixin'.

You're disappointed at Maxis? Go tell Maxis.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 18 of 35 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@eafrancois wrote:

Regarding your requests of someone acknowledging a messy launch, you might want to read this posting by our Chief Operating Officer, Peter Moore. He may sport the most evil-looking goatee in the industry, but if there's one thing I can vouch for, it's that Peter knows his stuff. In his words:

Are we really the “Worst Company in America?”  I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve made plenty of mistakes. These include server shut downs too early, games that didn’t meet expectations, missteps on new pricing models and most recently, severely fumbling the launch of SimCity.  We owe gamers better performance than this.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Standard smile

What kind of 'stuff' are you refering to?

To me Peter Moore knows nothing at all an he is sheer bad for EA and it's customers. Can you present us the lists where he refers to or is his complete defence in that interview truely based upon a fairytale as what the “Worst Company in America” countered to Peter?

Are you aware that Peter must have known that EA was going to announce to shut down new servers and games on the next monday when he gave that interview? Where did it go wrong? Or is this EA at it's best?
The big issue I missed in the interview (or what Peter actually missed) was the incomplete reference to Simcity. Not naming the unplayability of the game due to the uncountable bugs and the since then showed incompetence of the Simcity team to get things fixed. With Peter's position in the company, he must have known all including future happenings.

To me Peters reply looks like an apply to get fired. Everything he says and what (didn't) happen before and after looks like he has no control at all over the company nor he knows what is truely going on within company and market. Things have since that interview not been improved. Even not simple communication timings considering the recent Wii outages. Instead of correcting bad made descisions OR to do better in the future like promised, EA added more bad descisions. For example EA made new angry customers by stating not to give money back for recent made ingame transactions on the announced to be dead soon games.

Peter already proved at Sega that he did not know **bleep** which turned out to be devastating to company and its customers. He was responsible for large job cuts at the place. He paved away responsibility for it by stating he did not know what was going on. However his freakin job is to analyze and to anticipate upon info. His job is to make sure that all info is there to make choises on. He failed at Sega and proves at EA he didn't learn from it.
Information is always out there. You only need to address it, but your Peter prefers to ignore important information. It's a given fact that the angered amount of customers is growing faster and the sales are dropping. Also at his previous job within EA.
EA needs change, but as long Peter ignores important information this will not happen. Peter proved and proves to have not the correct skills for the job.

It's not EA beating time, because it is EA's turn or because Peter may be 'the most evil-looking goaty'. It is because the Peters at EA keep making descions like Microsoft did on keeping away a start-button from an OS. Every noob in this world would have made an other/better choise. The good thing for Microsoft is that it's management corrected such a flaww, but EA still has Peter.

Message 19 of 35 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

-deleted-

Message 20 of 35 (411 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help