Re: Why did EA stop devoloppment for Simcity5?

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Why did EA stop devoloppment for Simcity5?

★★★ Newbie

Hello people Simcity has been a game for many years I don't understand why EA stopped developping  Simcity5 There are many things they could have added like Hydro electricity I just don't understand ....

Message 1 of 2 (412 Views)

Re: Why did EA stop devoloppment for Simcity5?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @dogfergus3400  Who knows why EA chose not to continue developing SimCity? Some sort of business decision, I guess. They shut down the main Maxis studio in 2015 to "merge" the Sims franchise into their main headquarters, and lost most of the development crew at that time. They've continued running the Sims franchise, but SimCity development stopped right about the same time.

It makes me sad, too. Unfortunately we players will probably never know the true business decisions behind it. I am grateful that they have kept the servers going for the game so that people can still play it online, and very grateful that they finally put in the offline/single player mode. But I agree it's a bummer that there will be no more expansions. We just have to enjoy the Cities of Tomorrow expansion and the various packs that add flavor to the cities. Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (393 Views)