Where has my game gone?

by BJCopping

Original Post

Where has my game gone?

★★ Novice

I have recently bought a new PC and downloaded Origin, the game I want to play is the 2013 version of SimCity, but I expected my city to still be there but there isn't anything, it just wants me to start with the Summer Shoals tutorial.

I was last playing in single player mode. Also I can't select the server when I first open SimCity, it just says single player mode. Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)

Re: Where has my game gone?

Community Manager

@BJCopping When was the last time that you played the game? If you did not have it set up to for cloud save and have removed the save file from your PC then sorry to say but your city is most likely lost. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (503 Views)

★★ Novice

I have since found out that playing in single player mode is actually playing it offline, which I didn't know that before, I have been told to transfer the save folder from my old pc.

But does that mean that all the in game achievements that I earnt in single player mode have been lost?

Message 3 of 6 (496 Views)

Community Manager

@BJCopping Moving over the save folder should hopefully restore your city. Best thing to do is create a new game and then after you save it go ahead and paste your existing save files into the new save folder. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok will do, thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6 (486 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BJCopping Single player games are stored on the local hard drive in your user documents folder; default location is C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\SimCity\Games.

To move to a new PC, log out of SimCity and Origin, then just copy the whole Games folder from the old PC to the new PC. Your achievements will all be there.

To select a server, you need to click on the Multiplayer tab, then exit the game to the launch screen. The "select server" link will be in the bottom left corner.
Message 6 of 6 (462 Views)