We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

by Sh0cko

Original Post

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★★ Apprentice

I don't get why this error occurs. Clearly the servers are up (although pinging them results in a failure) because other people are installing the game and authenticating it just fine.

Message 11 of 68 (4,808 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Simcity ...

★★★ Apprentice

Confirmed that its a SC problem and nothing to do with Origin. Below is a snipped of my chat transcript asking about it (named changed to protect the poor guy fielding SC problems). I've snipped out irrelevent lines of conversation and left only the meat of the chat.

you: I've got simcity installed in the origin client, but when I click Play in origin, I get a window pop up saying: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.
you: so this error is tied to simcity, and not origin?
Origin: No this error is tied to SIMCITY.
you: Is there anything I need to do at my end, or will it resolve itself as the server problems get resolved?
Origin: No you just need to wait till this issue gets resolved.
Origin: For this inconvenience and from my side I like to give you a 15% discount on your next purchase from Origin. You'll get it through email.
Origin: For more details and if you need any update then you can refer this link :- https://help.ea.com/article/why-cant-i-connect-to-simcity

Message 12 of 68 (5,110 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Simcity ...

★★★ Apprentice

Bumping this in the hope someone at EA/Maxis will read it.

Why isn't this problem listed in the [READ FIRST] Known issues - information and work arounds thread? Apparently it is a known issue. It doesn't have a workaround, but it would be nice to know that you're aware of it as its own issue.

Message 13 of 68 (5,055 Views)

Re: We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

★★ Novice

same problem some solution please?

Message 14 of 68 (4,681 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This problem is clearly not on the list of things EA cares about right now.

Message 15 of 68 (4,591 Views)

★★★ Novice

Day 3, No solution - I guess I will 'try again later'

Message 16 of 68 (4,558 Views)

Cannot Activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account.

★★ Novice

I recently purchased this game, downloaded + installed Origin. Then downloaded and installed SimCity but when I try to launch the game I get a message box stating the following. 

"We're sorry, an error has occured"

"We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account. Please try again later. 

I have no firewalls on, I am not running through any proxies, I have ports open, why can't I play the game I paid for? 

I mean I can't even activate it...

Message 17 of 68 (4,648 Views)

Re: Cannot Activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account.

Message 18 of 68 (4,632 Views)

Re: Cannot Activate SimCity Limited Edition on this computer using your account.

★★ Novice
Message 19 of 68 (4,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Can anyone help me out with any suggestions?

Message 20 of 68 (4,608 Views)