Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Update 5.0

by ClevertonLara

Original Post

Update 5.0

★★★ Apprentice

when the patch 5 will be released and what changes can we expect?

any of the countless bugs posted in this forum will be repaired?

About lost cities, they will be recovered or that is not part of the priorities of the developers?

someone from EA will bother to answer any of these questions? Please?

Message 1 of 33 (1,349 Views)

Re: Update 5.0

★★★★★ Apprentice

Patch 5.0 will be ready when it's ready.

As with almost every bug-fixing scenario: you can't put an ETA on it, because it's mostly unclear what's causing the issue. Once they have isolated the problem, they must fix it and test it. This takes time.

If they would promise us "5.0 comes next week", and they cannot isolate / fix the problem, or the fix causes other issues, then they would best not release it. But then we'd be disappointed.

They're working on it, and as soon as a bunch of things are ready, it'll be released.

Message 2 of 33 (1,287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure but I think they will release another update after the Mac release. They weren't specific with the type of update though, don't think update 5 will be release so soon. They'll probably just work out the worst bugs after update 4.3... Hopefully...

Message 3 of 33 (1,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This game should not be released having half of these bugs. based on this principle the patch 5 is late.

You can try play this game and some times avoid bugs. but in the end if the servers do not corrupt your save you will have a unplayable city.

and of course, no response from EA/Maxis

Message 4 of 33 (1,201 Views)

★ Pro

@ClevertonLara wrote:

This game should not be released having half of these bugs. based on this principle the patch 5 is late.

You can try play this game and some times avoid bugs. but in the end if the servers do not corrupt your save you will have a unplayable city.

and of course, no response from EA/Maxis

They respond all of the time so go away and come back when they fix everything.

Message 5 of 33 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Indeed. There have been messages from "manager"-like people at EA / Maxis, but there are also some active developers / moderators who give us feedback, help us, and listen to us.

Everyone should keep in mind that EA / Maxis is not some kind of almighty God, that has the power to instantly change something as it pleases. It takes time, effort, and especially patience.

Message 6 of 33 (1,145 Views)

★ Pro

And lots of coffee, you forgot the coffee.

There is nothing worse then going cross-eyed reading lines and lines of code to fix run-time errors.

Message 7 of 33 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If the original Sim City had been this broken on release and for months after, this current Sim City would not exist, and neither would Maxis. In fact if games had originally been released in the broken, incomplete and overpriced DLC states EA does today, EA would not exist either.

Why are gamers today so willing to get screwed over and over? Patience? I'd be "patient" if this were free, a kickstarter or a voluntary paid beta. I know what I'm getting into with those. When I am charged full price for a complete, working game then I expect a complete, working game. No excuses. No waiting. No "ooh teh devs r not perfect!".

Do you buy a car for full price with missing axles? Do you then accept it when the manufacturer tells you that the issue of the missing axles is being "looked into" with no date given for when you are actually able to drive your car that you bought? Of course not!

Message 8 of 33 (1,116 Views)

EA Sims Team

We are finalising Update 5.0 and should have the change list posted early next week on the forums and here on Answer HQ. This is only the change list of what we are working on and does not necesserily mean we will have a release date firmly set at that time. The release date will depend on any issues we come across whilst working on the update and any other unforeseen delays.

Typically the major milestone updates 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 etc are between 2-4 weeks apart with incremental updates 3.1, 3.2 etc coming out as required.

Message 9 of 33 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

lost cities will be recovered in this patch? all the cities I started to build are "unable to load..." I feel it is pointless to start another city only to lose it again.

Message 10 of 33 (1,099 Views)
Twitter Stream