Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Update 3.1 Related Issues

by MaxisBazajaytee

Original Post

Re: Update 3.1 Related Issues

★★★ Guide

My municipal bus terminal just randomly stopped bringing in tourists and now they all drive in by car...  I have deleted it and turned it off and on several times but to no avail.

Scott_One

Oceanic 2

Westeros

King's Landing

Message 21 of 50 (599 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@scottone wrote:

My municipal bus terminal just randomly stopped bringing in tourists and now they all drive in by car...  I have deleted it and turned it off and on several times but to no avail.

Scott_One

Oceanic 2

Westeros

King's Landing

Seems as tho these are all server side issues, some times **bleep** works and some times it doesn't. Makes me crazy

Message 22 of 50 (592 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@scottone wrote:

Since updating to 3.1 I have a new issue.  When sending resources to the great works my delivery trucks will deliver and then disappear.  My trade depot storage will remain full forever until I bulldoze the freight truck garages and re-plop them in edit mode.  I had to do this several hundred times for my great work to complete as I was the only one contributing to it in my region.

I also had/have this problem

Message 23 of 50 (591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Spent the morning following Ore/Coal truck around town. Frown  Guess what!  The reason that they keep closing because the lots are full is that they are taking ore from one mine and dropping it off at another one, and NOT taking it to the trade ports!!!!  Why is this even an option????????

Message 24 of 50 (579 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@tacojim05 wrote:

It seems like the sound issue is worse.  At some point when I click on a building then click out of it, the sound effect for the building plays in a continuous loop.  This happens about 5 minutes into gameplay.  I can exit back to the menu to stop it, but the problem comes back a lot sooner, so the only option is to restart the game entirely.  I basically have to do this now every 5 minutes.

North America East 3
Asus G75V
Intel Core i7 3610QM
Windows 7

I have this same exact issue.  It's game breaking for me, not having any sound effects.  Happens any time I get a city with approx 75k population.  I've tested on different servers, different city types, etc.  I even ran the repair tool, to no avail.  Please help meh!  I had this issue prior to 3.1, but it only happened a small bit of time, and a restart would fix it for hours.  Now, a restart only fixes it for 5 minutes or so.

Message 25 of 50 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I'm on Pacific 1, region and cities were unable to load for a while but now they're back. (updated post since i can't delete it)

Message 26 of 50 (554 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here too but it's also with garbage truck and/or recycle truck, they seems to be stock elsewhere (like jammed into an other city...), once in a while, the is one that dump stock from an other town that I support.

I'm on North america 4.

Several city.

I've been happy to play since the start even if there are many issues. I know it's not easy but I support you EA. Also, waiting for more!!! (Highways, bigger city, more cool customization to reduce trafic and augment profits!!:mantongueStandard smile

Message 27 of 50 (533 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Got latest update tonight and now I cannot get into my cities. Worked fine before this. When you get to the play screen and you click play it goes to the load screens and I now don’t get the funny little things that flash across as it loads like sea foam and goats something. I now only get global population and global information and it all says 0.

Seems another upgrade takes us backwards.

Message 28 of 50 (514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I intentionally stopped playing for a month due to the bugs. I came back like a dog that has been beaten over and over and doesn't know any better. That being said, these are the current issues seen in playing my latest cities:

1. Recycling Center has crashed. Trucks are in consistent loop in the city. I have bulldozed, waited until all trucks have left the city, and tried again, twice. All trucks either end up in loop or they pick up recyclables and then end up looped.

2. Great works do not register any inbound materials no matter how many trucks I watch go the Great Work and return empty.

3. Workforce does not seem to rise above 11% of total population. Many jobs go unfilled due to this fact. They are not showing as doing things in the region but are definitely not working in my city.

4. When workers are available, they are educated but industry buildings say they have no available skilled workers.

5. Game consistently returns to the main menu in the middle of play. There doesn't seem to be a loss of data, but just drops to the main menu for no reason.

I will edit as I go. Thats all I have at the moment.

Message 29 of 50 (504 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Freight trucks are still entirely broken, so playing a manufacturing city is still impossible, so the 3.1 patch is moot to me, so I'm posting here because someone at EA is getting paid to skim these responses for the next ineffectual patch that either fails to fix or fails to address the myriad of issues that make this game a real disappointing waste of money.
Message 30 of 50 (480 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help