Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Update 3.1 Related Issues

by MaxisBazajaytee

Original Post

Re: Update 3.1 Related Issues

★★★★ Novice

Here is a new issue that I just experienced 30 minutes ago. 

I recently plopped a convention center in my city of 60,000+ tourists.  Two things happened: Unable to open any specialization menu and all of the bubbles started to stay static on the screen.  Also, video records at a supersonic speed for some reason, no way to slow it that I know of.

North America East 3
Asus G75V
Intel Core i7 3610QM - 2.3 GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 660M - 2 GB
12 GB Ram

http://youtu.be/_DI7WvMDahY

Message 11 of 50 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am unable to load any of my citys, when i try to open the game i get a message saying 

"The simcity server are unavailable, for more information click the more info link"

i do eventually get the "your game is ready to play" but when i click the play icon i get a messages saying "network dissconnected" and i am unable to play.

i only started to get these messages since an update was downloaded yesterday evening

Message 12 of 50 (680 Views)

EA Sims Team

chrism1981 is that any server in particular or are you seeing it on all servers? We are aware of an issue on TEST but all the other servers are running.

tacojim05 thanks for the video, we are investigating this now.

Message 13 of 50 (677 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have been using North America West 4

Message 14 of 50 (669 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bolesting wrote:

You are really started to annoying me!!!

They're only starting to annoy you??? haha

While I do appreciate you guys being more interactive recently with your clients, however it' still feels like you guys are just scrambling to get out these quick fixes. 

IMO this game will never be fully fixed with the way you guys have your online mode set up. Too much information and too many variables. A true cloud based system is what you need to fix this problem and obviously it's not the way the game was designed. Goodluck.

Message 15 of 50 (668 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thos software shouldn't have been released, it's barely at an alpha stage. The bugs get more comical as I play.

Message 16 of 50 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

serious FPS problems since the last updates especialy when buldozing

Message 17 of 50 (624 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1.] Can't connect to server. Using North America East 1.

2.] Seems to also kill my internet connection. From a clean reboot, I can access internet normally. However, from a clean reboot, then opening origin and attempting to run Simcity, it telling me it can't connect, quiting simcity and quitting origin, I can no longer access the internet until I reboot again.

2 hours of network debugging and all I had to do was not try to play Simcity...

Message 18 of 50 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I don't know if this is just the 3.1 patch, but I'm having issues with syncing to the server. You see, I have a 'tourist' city that is making money, and I eventually decided I wanted more. (You ask how greedy? Very!) So I spent half of my savings on an International Airport. I was very happy, and couldn't wait to hop over to another city to start sending resources. I hopped over to my ore / coal / products of ore and coal city. Once I was there I tried to find the great work in which I would be sending my resouces to, but it wasn't there. When do Simcity servers update all cities on a great work's progress?
Message 19 of 50 (526 Views)

★★★ Guide

Since updating to 3.1 I have a new issue.  When sending resources to the great works my delivery trucks will deliver and then disappear.  My trade depot storage will remain full forever until I bulldoze the freight truck garages and re-plop them in edit mode.  I had to do this several hundred times for my great work to complete as I was the only one contributing to it in my region.

Message 20 of 50 (521 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help