Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Update 3.1 Related Issues

by chrism1981

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

http://i.imgur.com/CT2GYSI.jpg

Is there somewhere that I can see what Maxis is working on for the next updates? These contradicting messages are holding my cities back from ever fully developing.

These parks are great! / We're miserable!

Sales to tourists are strong! / No shoppers!

Worker shortage! / Out of money!

Message 31 of 50 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am aso unable to draw any roads from high density street up to high density street car ave, the screen go back when i select them but if i then select another road it comes back

Message 32 of 50 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Could that be because you are trying to connect the road too close to a streetcar stop? I've had to demo the streetcar stop, place the intersection, and replop the streetcar stop a little ways away.

Message 33 of 50 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

WOW, no quote feature!!!!! Frown

1. Recycling Center has crashed. Trucks are in consistent loop in the city. I have bulldozed, waited until all trucks have left the city, and tried again, twice. All trucks either end up in loop or they pick up recyclables and then end up looped.

2. Great works do not register any inbound materials no matter how many trucks I watch go the Great Work and return empty.

3. Workforce does not seem to rise above 11% of total population. Many jobs go unfilled due to this fact. They are not showing as doing things in the region but are definitely not working in my city.

4. When workers are available, they are educated but industry buildings say they have no available skilled workers.

5. Game consistently returns to the main menu in the middle of play. There doesn't seem to be a loss of data, but just drops to the main menu for no reason.

ENDQUOTE

I'm also seeing 1,3,4,5.  Never created a greatwork as there were too many horror stories in here.

These parks are great! / We're miserable!

Sales to tourists are strong! / No shoppers!

Worker shortage! / Out of money!

ENDQUOTE

Have same issues.

I'm also getting Hazmat fires now when there are 2 HazMat garages RIGTH next to the building that burns down, and the firetrucks are nowhere to be found. Frown

...I'm posting here because someone at EA is getting paid to skim these responses for the next ineffectual patch that either fails to fix or fails to address the myriad of issues that make this game a real disappointing waste of money.

ENDQUOTE

I also hope that someone is tracking all of this.  I do know that MANY of the things that were post in the Update 3.0 Related Issues where never resolved, but the post was deleted. Hope there are pland to fix all of this at some point in tim or I'm sensing a class action, since there are SO many people experiencing the same issue and have been for months, with no resolution in site. Frown

Message 34 of 50 (461 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

i have the same issue in a new city with no roads or buildings

Message 35 of 50 (437 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

My issue with having Sims not being able to bring back money or hapiness on public transit is now worse than before.  I can't seem to get a city going well because all my sims become poor and homeless withing four or five "months".

Please fix this issue my 500+ unfilled jobs in each wealth level means that my sims are working, I feel they deserve to bring that paycheck home if you guys at EA still get your.

Message 36 of 50 (425 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

My cities are visually out of sync in the region view, They are usually "slid" out of place by about 50%. So where a city is near a cliff or water, there are now buildings on the cliffs and in the water. 

Also, my recycling and trash statistics are not updating, I continue to collect only 13000 cans of recycling but its consistently says out of 38,880. I thought maybe I had to add more centers, I have four now and my numbers are not growing.

Message 37 of 50 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Schools are horribly bugged. Doesn't matter if I have one school or several in a city, buses will collect students, go to a school and then drop off about 5 sims leaving the rest inside. Schools have about 10% attendance and the population keeps complaining that there are no schools, right down to buildings being abandoned due to not being able to go to school.. when they are right next to an empty school!

One of my cities is becoming a ghost town due to no people moving in. Whole residential blocks are built and empty even though most of the city is affluent and pollution free and taxes are at 0%. It's gone from 100,000 to 60,000 (due to the above mentioned school bug from hell).

My city entrances are continually clogged, especially tourist towns. Not helped at all by your frankly baffling and misguided decision to give cities exactly one highway entrance. Worse, mass transit for tourists simply doesn't work for no reason. Despite having a city with bus terminals, an airport, a ferry dock and a trainstation, only about 10% of tourists use them. Only a mere fraction of sims use these services, the others all decide to come in their cars and completely clog the roads.

Recycling and garbage trucks have all caught a case of the stupid and will spend most of the day driving in circles. They can randomly snap out of it and get to business, and then randomly go back to the u-turn parade.

Speaking of stupid, buses will all travel in packs, going from stop to stop together. When you have 18 buses, this makes for a lot of clogged roads not to mention a silly waste of resources as only a couple of those buses are actually picking anyone up.

Disasters are unbalanced again and happening too frequently. I had 2 earthquakes and a monster attack almost back to back. Come on.

Message 38 of 50 (378 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also, my recycling and trash statistics are not updating, I continue to collect only 13000 cans of recycling but its consistently says out of 38,880. I thought maybe I had to add more centers, I have four now and my numbers are not growing.

I have a similar issue with both the recycling center and the dump, I even but another recycling center but t doesn't improve.

Message 39 of 50 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having a lot of the same problems others are having; trading haywire, schools broken, RCI demand wacky, etc.

It was sad that a game in the this state was ever released; it seems it should have been still in alpha. What possibly is even more depressing, is that it still has not been patched to playable (enjoyable) state. A game of this nature requires ALL aspects to work well, as they all rely on each other, if this is not the case, the whole system fails.

"There were several reasons for the crash, but the main cause was supersaturation of the market with hundreds of mostly low-quality games which resulted in the loss of consumer confidence." - Wikipedia.

Lets predict something here EA:

The Great Video Game Crash of 2013

Consumers can only take so much $#!%.

Message 40 of 50 (342 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help