Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Update 3.0 Issue Reports

by Ulborn

Original Post

★★★★ Newbie

I got the Update 3.0 two days ago and now SimCity won't run. It ran fine before, but afterwards. Keeps coming up with an "Alert:  The game cannot find data files necessary to run. Reinstallation may be neccessary. [1004]"  I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I have brought Origin up as administrator and still get the same Alert and refuses to run. 

Origin ID: LupanMortis

Server Name: N/A

Region Name: N/A

City Name: N/A

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

8192MB RAM

Message 141 of 148 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Here are 2 screenshots of 2 cities that show that production has stopped on recycling.  These screen shots also show that not all recycling is getting picked up.  In one 76.7% of recycling is getting picked up, in the other 77.8%.

So there is more than enough recycling to keep production running, and both cities have the maximum number of recycling trucks available.  So where is the error?

http://s536.photobucket.com/user/ulborn/media/Spark_2013-05-11_00-18-56.png.html

http://s536.photobucket.com/user/ulborn/media/Spark_2013-05-11_01-20-27.png.html

Message 142 of 148 (174 Views)

★★ Novice

Username: ters100

The mouse screen scrolling is too quick!!  It wasn't like this before the 3.0 update.

It seems like the number of pixels scrolled isn't proportional to the zoom level.  Also, the edges of the screen where the scroll begins to take place need to be slightly further to the edge of the screen, at the moment it interferes with some of the buttons and control boxes.

Message 143 of 148 (159 Views)

Re: Update 3.1 Related Issues

★★★★ Novice

Oh yea, forgot to mention that water, power, and sewage still claim to be insufficient even when in the green/excess.  Coal and ore mine says 0 months left of supply yet is still going.  Water tower says 200 months left of supply yet flashes "Pump going dry!"  Plopping a tourist attraction in a city that has 15,000 tourists daily makes them disappear, all the way down to only 200 a day.  CURRENT TOURISTS with an attraction plopped will say "5,000/3,000" and show up red, meaning some how 5,000 tourists out of 3,000 are in the city.  Unsure how to read that.  Garbage and recyclables are not picked up from vacant houses, whereas these houses don't show up on the demolition list.  The garbage and recyclable piles add to the city's max and don't subtract when the vacant houses are deleted.  Just a few things I'm still noticing off the top of my head.

Message 144 of 148 (157 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hey,

Just bought this game yesterday.  Had two cities choke on the recycling center bug>>>good for awhile, but after a bit, trucks stop collecting, and disappear from the map(except the one i send to other cites) and center processes nothing.  Downward spiral from there

Origin ID: FourTwnty

Server: North america west 3

Region name: proc3

City Name: Nugg Plateau

good game otherwise, please fix this

Message 145 of 148 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Ulborn wrote:

Here are 2 screenshots of 2 cities that show that production has stopped on recycling.  These screen shots also show that not all recycling is getting picked up.  In one 76.7% of recycling is getting picked up, in the other 77.8%.

So there is more than enough recycling to keep production running, and both cities have the maximum number of recycling trucks available.  So where is the error?

http://s536.photobucket.com/user/ulborn/media/Spark_2013-05-11_00-18-56.png.html

http://s536.photobucket.com/user/ulborn/media/Spark_2013-05-11_01-20-27.png.html

http://i.imgur.com/668JEFk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mVdDGda.jpg

It could be that your trucks have not delivered the recyclables yet. As you can see in my pictures all recycling cans have been picked up and my recycling plants are at capacity but my stats in the bottom right hand corner shows 9898 of 40,836 picked up. I have 4 additions on my plants 1 plastic 2 alloy and 1 metal because of this they run out of recyclables before the next shift. This may be your problem?

@MaxisBazajaytee If you could also shed light on this that would be appreciated.

Message 146 of 148 (118 Views)

Re: Update 3.0 Issue Reports Arcology Workers not working, Students not studying, shoppers not shopping

★★★★ Novice

Origin ID - Amarystae

Server Name - Antartica

Region Name - Stoney Isles (Entire Region)

City Name - Nawww, you ignant (And all attached cities)

This issue has persisted in many forms both before and after patch 3.0, this is the latest form of this bug.  

We have the arcology built in our region, and it appears to be functioning correctly.  However, it isn't although it is powered and watered sufficiently, as well as being up to max level, and filling my cities with workers, students, and shoppers.  The workers are not actually integrating into our industry, the shoppers aren't actually going to our commercial, and the students aren't actually making it to classes.  These are the numbers so far (sorry I took screenshots, but couldn't figure where to upload them).  The only reason this city survives at all is because it is producing and exporting a lot of metal.  The commercial and industry are constantly shutting down and having to be demolished due to no workers or shoppers and this pattern persists throughout the entire region.  The RCI indicator is constantly red telling us to zone more residential and "WORKER SHORTAGE", and our university town suffers from shortages of students, even though the numbers say they shouldn't be at all.  I have thoroughly checked the entire region and found no traffic issues, save for some inefficient sharing of garbage trucks to neighbors, which unfortunately is out of our control.  Here is the breakdown of workers and shoppers right now.  Any help would be appreciated, or a note from EA saying its bugged or they are working on it would also be appreciated.  Thank you.

Total             Working                  Commuting out           Unemployed            Commuting In            Total Jobs              Unfilled Jobs

4132                4132                                 0                                   0                                  44086                   17147                            0

2374                2374                                45                                  0                                 21540                     4022                             0

875                  875                                   0                                    0                                  403                          1054                            0

7381                 7381                              45                                   0                                  66235                       22243                        0

Total             Satisfied                   Commuting Out             Unsatisfied              Commuting in              Total Goods              Unsold Goods

2066                479                                   20                                      1587                             290                                459                             0

1187                 1187                                  0                                        0                                886                                 1369                           0

431                    431                                     0                                      0                                   0                                     620                           189     

3684                    2097                             20                                      1587                              1176                            2448                            189                     

Message 147 of 148 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Origin ID - Amarystae

Server Name - Antartica

Region Name - Stoney Isles (Entire Region)

City Name - Nawww, you ignant (And all attached cities)

This issue has persisted in many forms both before and after patch 3.0, this is the latest form of this bug.  

Also a secondary bug that is less detrimental and more annoying is the recycling and garbage bug.  No matter how many garbage collection and recycling areas we seem to place in the region, the amount of garbage and recycling pickup is marginally lower than needed.  Just enough to keep it in the yellow.  No matter how much is needed to be collected.

For example in Nawww, you ignant,

Population started at approximately 10k with a need of 2000 garbage pickup.  1 fully upgraded garbage dump and 2 fully upgraded garbage dumps being given from other cities allowed 1789 total garbage collected keeping it in the yellow.

Changing absolutely nothing with the garbage collection and upping the population to 60k, upped the collection need to 5000, and my collection moved up to ~4600.  The same exact pattern persists with the recycling center, even after both have been fully upgraded with trucks and with no traffic congestion whatsoever.  No changing in location or adding of additional recycling centers or garbage dumps changes the amount collected.  No matter what we do, we can never collect 100% of the recycling or garbage needed by our sims.  The dumps and recycling centers never come close to reaching capacity.

Unzoning and removing ~70% of the cities, brings the population to ~20k, and the need for garbage collection to 2500 (not touching the garbage dump or recycling centers at all), brings the collection to ~ 2290, just on the yellow side.  It is like the garbage and recycling workers do 90% of their shift and call it quits every single day no matter what we do, although I can't varify this no matter how I try.  

Something else has to be wrong.  Anyone else getting this, are we missing something, or are garbage and recyling totaly fubared right now?

Message 148 of 148 (99 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help