Unable to create your city at this time. Please claim a city again later

by CubanTanker001

Original Post

Re: Simcity 5 - Unable to create your city at this time. Please claim a city again later

★★★ Newbie

Can someone from EA please post a solution?!  Worked all day and just wanted a little down time and enjoy a great game.  Doesn't look like that will happen tongiht! Frown  Seriously, please fix this or I'll be asking for a refund like everyone else!

Message 11 of 463 (12,431 Views)

Re: Simcity 5 - Unable to create your city at this time. Please claim a city again later

★★★★★ Newbie

COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE ELECTRONIC ARTS.

Message 12 of 463 (12,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. EA, we gamers have been telling you this was a bad idea, yet we bought the game because we loved the series enough to look past it. To thank us, you spit in our eyes. Your entire staff up to and including Ocean Quigley ought to be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. You're doing everything you can to spoil the fun. Thanks!

Message 13 of 463 (12,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same problem . . . what happend to having the ability to just play a game offline if you want to!  I already want a refund!

Message 14 of 463 (12,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

working for me now using the eastern european server 2. Not sure if its the server choice or something else, but its working. 

Message 15 of 463 (12,265 Views)

SimCity - "Unable to create your city at this time."

★★★ Newbie

Finally finished installing and updating SimCity, went to play, and now isn't loading any maps, whether I try to join an already existing game or create my own. You know how you guys could solve this? GIVE US A CHOICE BETWEEN ONLINE AND OFFLINE GAMES. We've all been saying it, and many of us have been willing to look past this issue because we love the franchise. Unfortunately, EA not only essentially has stolen our money by giving us a product that doesn't work, they are being vague about any sort of fix on the horizon. So here's your opportunity, EA. Please answer this thread and let us know when we're either:

A) Going to be able to play our game.

OR

B) Get our money back.

This is ridiculous. The funny thing about this whole scheme to supposedly prevent lost revenue through strict anti-piracy measures? Your reputation is going down the toilet in a hurry. I, for one, will never buy another EA game if they're all going to work this way. What's it really worth, guys?

Message 16 of 463 (10,913 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so apparently this was a problem that was reported in beta.  Why was this not fixed before the release?  Completely unacceptable.  I will never buy an EA game again.  

Message 17 of 463 (12,217 Views)

Re: SimCity - "Unable to create your city at this time."

★★★★★ Newbie

I certainly wouldn't have bought this game if I didn't have to (haha), but I definitely regret having done so now.  Same problem for me!  It was reported in the beta on February 16th, yet it wasn't fixed for the launch.  Great job, guys.

Message 18 of 463 (10,881 Views)

★★ Novice

I worked a 24 hour shift so I could come home and play some Sim City.  And THIS is what I get.  I'm 100% sure this is my last EA purchase ever.  This online stuff is dumb.  I'm pretty sure they are NOT going to benefit from this online crap in the long run.  I for one am not going to be purchasing another game like this.

Message 19 of 463 (12,091 Views)

Re: SimCity - "Unable to create your city at this time."

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  I've been trying all day to creat a private game and creat/join any game online but still nothing.  It's getting frustrating that I can't even play the game at all!

Message 20 of 463 (10,866 Views)