Unable to Load City at this Time

by Harveydiu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Load City at this Time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unable to load this city, please try again later. 

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I cant load my city. its been two days.

Message 1 of 24 (21,969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Load City at this Time

★★★ Novice

ok it worked thank you... i really got frustrated i used like 12 hours creating a city in multiplayer and then i couldnt even see the city from a neighbor ... it was like it never existed ... now is fixed thank you soooo much... and i was looking in the wrong forum... i did all steps i also did 1 more from another forum that said to delete the file inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\WebStorage\LocalStorage ... i did that one first so i  don't know if it worked with yours alone ... thank you again .. i was ready to abandon 

View in thread

Message 4 of 24 (22,820 Views)

All Replies

EA SPORTS FC Team

I have moved your topic to the SimCity forums as this error message is usually not related to SimCity BuildIt but to SimCity.

To solve this you could remove all files in the EcoGame folder and attempt to load the city again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame

Jason.png
Message 2 of 24 (21,852 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Harveydiu wrote:

Unable to load this city, please try again later. 

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I cant load my city. its been two days.

In addition to doing what @EA_Jason said, try setting Origin.exe and SimCity.exe to run as Administrator; in Origin, right-click the SimCity icon, choose properties, and un-check "Enable Origin In-game" 

If none of these work, please reply back with more details. Is this PC or Mac? Are you trying to load an existing city or is this the first time you've tried creating one? What OS version and graphics card are you running?

Message 3 of 24 (21,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok it worked thank you... i really got frustrated i used like 12 hours creating a city in multiplayer and then i couldnt even see the city from a neighbor ... it was like it never existed ... now is fixed thank you soooo much... and i was looking in the wrong forum... i did all steps i also did 1 more from another forum that said to delete the file inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\WebStorage\LocalStorage ... i did that one first so i  don't know if it worked with yours alone ... thank you again .. i was ready to abandon 

Message 4 of 24 (22,821 Views)

Hero (Retired)
So glad you were able to get back in to your city! Happy building!
Message 5 of 24 (21,803 Views)

★ Novice

I've already played, does not open now. This error turns out constantly. I did not try to remove and install. I did run administrator, not working. I'm waiting for your help. Standard smile

Message 6 of 24 (19,999 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @cim06 - sounds like you may have some data corruption. Continue running any exe files "As Administrator". Set your SimCity.exe and Origin.exe to launch "As Administrator" each time. Also make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.

Basics - Make sure graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions. If you have Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards - disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.

Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode
Monitor Settings - SimCity does not work with dual monitors, so set it to use one only. Also, no higher than 1080p resolution (no 4k)
No Mods - if you have any installed, uninstall them

Exit SimCity and Origin. Delete the entire SimCityUserData folder - default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData  Then launch Origin, right-click SimCity icon and choose to "Repair Game". Once the repair completes, launch SimCity again.

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back with any error messages you're getting and attach a dxdiag report. How to Dxdiag

Message 7 of 24 (19,985 Views)

★ Novice

I'm suffering from the same problem ... I already did everything I could but I still can not open the tutorial. I just bought the game today. I do not know what to do anymore please help me!

Message 8 of 24 (19,325 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Leo_Monnet wrote:

I'm suffering from the same problem ... I already did everything I could but I still can not open the tutorial. I just bought the game today. I do not know what to do anymore please help me!

Hi @Leo_Monnet - Did you try the steps in the post above yours? https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Unable-to-Load-City-at-this-Time/m-p/7485486#M127360 

In particular, make sure you're running Origin and SimCity "as administrator", and that both are added to your antivirus and firewall exception lists. Also disable Origin in-game following the steps in the post. Most often if the tutorial won't load, there's a problem communicating with the game servers.

Message 9 of 24 (19,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed... sortof. I deleted all the date in EcoGame folder, and reloaded Simcity. Doing this allowed me to load my city, but set my game progress back several hours.

Message 10 of 24 (18,846 Views)