Re: Tutorial Bug: Buy Water from Lucky Shores, No Neighboring Water Providers

by Scott_One

Original Post

Tutorial Bug: Buy Water from Lucky Shores, No Neighboring Water Providers

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

So I've been working my way through the tutorial and got to where you have to buy water from the neighboring town of Lucky Shores. I got to: "Water 1/5    Lucky Shores has way more water than they need, so let's buy some of it. Click the Water Button."

I clicked said button, and was greeted by the message:

"NO NEIGHBORING WATER PROVIDERS"

I can not click on anything now, time is still going in the game, planes still flying, clouds still moving music still going, but I cant click on any buttons. Origin still works and can be accessed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: Second Bug I've run into since running this within the last hour. First was that the Tutorial loaded up, and Summer Shoals would not load, but the UI still showed up and operated. I can confirm that I installed from a DVD and ran the SimCity Recovery tool and it fixed this issue.

Message 1 of 38 (17,272 Views)

★ Pro

Just skip the tutorial and when making cities avoid inter-city trading like the plague.  Make your cities self sufficient especially for the essential services.

Can I skip the tutorial?
We're aware that some players may
become stuck in the tutorial, so if absolutely necessary, you can skip the
tutorial. Once the tutorial starts, open your Options menu that
is located in the top right corner, and exit to the Main Menu.
This should allow you to start a new city without having to complete the
walk-through.

Message 2 of 38 (17,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I'm sure the folks that spent all that hard time and effort to create the tutorial will love to hear that response.

Also kinda hard to skip the tutorial after it bugs out if you cant click on anything to get out of it. I had to force close the game.

Message 3 of 38 (17,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow.. was that an official response?

For the sake of ea I hope not

Message 4 of 38 (17,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)

And dredging up a 4 month old post was helpful.. LOL.

Message 5 of 38 (17,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just installed the Mac version today (it's finally available) and got hung up on this very same bug. I can't believe it wasn't fixed in the past several months.

Message 6 of 38 (17,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, I see the original post was made in April but the bug still seems to be valid today with the Mac version. My guess is that it's a UI problem where a layer has overlapped an action button to continue with the tutorial.

Screenshot

Message 7 of 38 (17,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its October and I JUST bought this game for windows and its stuck on this... honestly? I kinda wanted to play this because I've never played Sim City... I guess I'll have to learn it all myself. LAME!

Message 8 of 38 (16,976 Views)

★ Novice

Just baught this game for my PC. I've started the tutorial and got stuck on this very issue. This is the first experience a user is getting from this game half an hour in??

Since I didn't find any fix online to this bug, I've filed for a refund and got my money back. May sound a bit extreme but I was very upset with this since I've only played the game for half and hours and needed to kill the process.

EA Games should deal with these king of MAJOR bugs ASAP, as they are loosing customers like me.

Message 9 of 38 (16,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got this game.

It has been almost a year. 

You havn't fixed this????

Thanks EA! you are the "best".:manfrustrated:

Message 10 of 38 (16,660 Views)