Re: Trade Depots and Trade Port not working

by AceMathNinja

Original Post

★ Novice

I needed my city yesterday, so i deleted all trade depots and my trade port.

Now the city is working just fine.

/Andreas

Message 11 of 53 (3,680 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issues as well.... more specifically when the trade depots/ports are set to "use Locally" they will not send correctly either (eg.  trying to send Processors to the great works site)

Not to mention the garbage/recycling trucks just go around and around in circles and don't pick up garbage. 

Message 12 of 53 (3,673 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Resource trucks slowly stopped sending resources to a great work, then they stopped working entirely.

Message 13 of 53 (3,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been experiencing this problem on a post 3.1 created region (and cities).  Trade Port  trucks seem to work trading with the region, in between Freight Train delivieries/pickups.  However, overtime the number of trucks dimishes with regards to local deliveries.  Local specialty factories eventually stop processing due to lack of  materials.

Trade Ports (as in the case listed below) are set to deliver locally, export and import.  I would have to take a closer look, but the problem of non-local deliveries seems to mostly involve 'Imported Items'.  Locally produced materials (ie. Alloy) seem to available for further processing.  However, this may be due to  direct factory to factory deliveries.

The workaround solution is to bulldoze the garages, within seconds, the trucks are available and deliver locally again.  This is reliably repeatable.   An example of this is the mining town of Burhausen Hills, in Viridian  Woods 3.1 , on server North America East 3.  Trucks seem to disappear most frequently after AFK timeouts, but that just may be coincidental.  As the problem is very repeatable, there does not seem to be a noticable trigger event..

Message 14 of 53 (3,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem, all of my trade depot trucks just disappeared, I have checked everywhere if they are stuck in traffic maybe in other cities too but they are just gone. They were there when I played earlier today but when I came back they were all gone.

I am currently building an arcology, I have searched the internet and read others had the same problem and it was always while building a great work so that probably has something to do with it.

Message 15 of 53 (3,650 Views)

★★★ Novice

@schobbob wrote:

I got the same problem, all of my trade depot trucks just disappeared, I have checked everywhere if they are stuck in traffic maybe in other cities too but they are just gone. They were there when I played earlier today but when I came back they were all gone.

I am currently building an arcology, I have searched the internet and read others had the same problem and it was always while building a great work so that probably has something to do with it.

I clicked on 'Me too' when this thread was first started and also subscribed to it to follow updates. However, at this point, I feel I should state that the problem in the quoted post is not the same as mine. Probably the same bug, but not the same scenario creating it. 

I have not started, or finished for that matter, a great works project in the city's region where I encounter the trade buildings and delivery trucks not working.

To surmise, this bug is not exclusive to the condition that a great work has to be started, or present in the region for this bug to rear its game-breaking head.

The screenshots and video posted earlier in this thread are accurate of the bug I have experienced.

Message 16 of 53 (3,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So we have to wait on some from of update !!!! 

Message 17 of 53 (3,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

It would be stupid of us to expect an update on the bug through the forums, or more specifically, this thread. I suspect the only way we will know is if it appears in a patch they release for the game.

We have had 4.0 today, but there is no mention of this bug in the patch notes. Can anyone confirm if it has been addressed/fixed in patch 4.0 today?

I cannot check myself as my server Europe West 1 is still down for maintenance! And to be quite honest, I'm not sure I will play again anyway until this bug is fixed.

Message 18 of 53 (3,607 Views)

★ Novice

Just played update 4.0 for the first time since it's release.  And in line with the release notes, this issue has not been addressed.  After about 30-40 minutes of game play, all trade port trucks stopped delivering (in my case) stored imported goods to local factories (coal->smelters & plastic -> processor plants).  Other resources (raw ore, alloy) are being delivered directly from local generating sources (ore mine, smelters).  Bulldozing truck garages and rebuilding them remains a successful workaround.  

Message 19 of 53 (3,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue right here

I actually just spent about 6 hrs fixing my traffic to perfection and then this problem started. Maybe i fixed traffic so much i broke the game?

This is unbelievable that they havent fixed this **bleep** yet. What a lazy company
Message 20 of 53 (3,314 Views)