Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Stuttering issues

by benji84_NO

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What other games you playing since you claim it to be a non-issue? SimCity might be stressing your hardware more than you realise at Ultra Setting? Heat issue? Power shortage? Some component in your PC might be showing sign of aging or have an error that only shows with SimCity?

Any overclocks?

Message 11 of 14 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Well, I seem to be having the exact same issue as the OP... marvelous >.<

In a 120 seconds benchmarking test with limiting FPS to 30, I counted 2 stuttering events while constantly scrolling around my city, you almost get sick doing this...

Checking up on the datalogs from FRAPS I see this statistics:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hrhcmv.gif

2 events are recorded with 27 FPS, which is a complete outliner if you do statistics on it... running latest drivers, and I can tell you this stuttering I experienced before with other drivers as well (beta drivers 314.14+314.21)

But I've experienced these stutterings from what I recall before patch 1.8 (silly me just never connected it with FPS drops untill 30 min ago...), Cheetah speed I also just checked how my CPU was doing, it is virtually not being tasked differently than on any other speeds. 1 Core --> 50-70%, 3 cores between 20-50 % (I5-3550)

Message 12 of 14 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i7/24GB ram/SSD/680GTX, the games stutters on low and ultra and the flickering of buildings is driving me mad.

Crysis 3 om max, flowing at avarage 90 fps.

It's because the game and games gfx engine is bad coded piece of bliip.

Message 13 of 14 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@benji84no wrote:

i7/24GB ram/SSD/680GTX, the games stutters on low and ultra and the flickering of buildings is driving me mad.

Crysis 3 om max, flowing at avarage 90 fps.

It's because the game and games gfx engine is bad coded piece of bliip.

downgrade to 314.21 beta, that one seemed to have less flickering on the buildings, at least it didn't seem so frequently to me.

Message 14 of 14 (656 Views)
Twitter Stream