Re: Simoleons disappeared during the game, how ?

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simoleons disappeared during the game, how ?

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I raised a bond and in few seconds that Simoleons disappeared. Sometimes the simoleons are reduced from 150,000 to 8,000 in few seconds. Secondly, I start a city and it runs for some time and in few minutes simoleons are reduced to zero and my city is paused due to lack of Simoleons. I don't understand this. How do I restart these cities. pl suggest

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4 (1,222 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Sunrock65 - Could use a little more information about your game to answer the question. What's your city population and tax rate? Check your budget window - click on the part at the bottom that has the total simoleans and hourly income. A Profit/Loss number in the red is ok, if the Monthly Profit and Transactions is in the green. But you can run out of money really quickly if you try to grow your city too fast in the beginning.

You can try using money cheats to get the cities running again -  Alt + W key = 100,000 simoleans added to your budget, Ctrl + Alt + W = 5,000 simoleans per hour to your income. As soon as the city is running again, pause the game and check out your budget screen to see where you're spending all the money. Your choices are to increase revenue or decrease spending, or both. Adding a city specialization like trade is a good way to get cash rolling in; also oil or coal if your plot has any of those resources. Raising taxes will work for a bit, but your sims will start to get very unhappy if you raise the taxes higher than 12%. Try turning off some of your unneeded stuff like the mayor's house if you have one. 

If you have the patience, you can micro-manage the taxes for a little while to give yourself a chance to recover the city. Cheat in enough money to get the city going again, then pause the game at exactly 1 minute to the hour. Raise all the taxes to the maximum, un-pause the game just to 1 minute after the hour and pause again, then lower the taxes again.

The highest you can place taxes without causing unhappiness is 12% for Low Wealth, 11% for Medium Wealth, and 10% for High Wealth.

Once you've balanced your budget a bit more, work on lowering the tax rate for all of the sims which will gain happiness and help your city to grow.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,199 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Sunrock65 - Could use a little more information about your game to answer the question. What's your city population and tax rate? Check your budget window - click on the part at the bottom that has the total simoleans and hourly income. A Profit/Loss number in the red is ok, if the Monthly Profit and Transactions is in the green. But you can run out of money really quickly if you try to grow your city too fast in the beginning.

You can try using money cheats to get the cities running again -  Alt + W key = 100,000 simoleans added to your budget, Ctrl + Alt + W = 5,000 simoleans per hour to your income. As soon as the city is running again, pause the game and check out your budget screen to see where you're spending all the money. Your choices are to increase revenue or decrease spending, or both. Adding a city specialization like trade is a good way to get cash rolling in; also oil or coal if your plot has any of those resources. Raising taxes will work for a bit, but your sims will start to get very unhappy if you raise the taxes higher than 12%. Try turning off some of your unneeded stuff like the mayor's house if you have one. 

If you have the patience, you can micro-manage the taxes for a little while to give yourself a chance to recover the city. Cheat in enough money to get the city going again, then pause the game at exactly 1 minute to the hour. Raise all the taxes to the maximum, un-pause the game just to 1 minute after the hour and pause again, then lower the taxes again.

The highest you can place taxes without causing unhappiness is 12% for Low Wealth, 11% for Medium Wealth, and 10% for High Wealth.

Once you've balanced your budget a bit more, work on lowering the tax rate for all of the sims which will gain happiness and help your city to grow.

Message 2 of 4 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. Population is 100500 profit/Loss -56610 Monthly Profit +141335. I tried Alt +W the city started but the expense are also debited faster when you use the cheat. For example I loaded 5,00000 Simoleons by the cheat, it debited in few minutes. But I could not find the expense to that value in the chart Few other funny things are happening There is oil in the ground but the production is stopped and it says there is low oil same with coal. Water is polluted but the ground is clear blue with water. I am trying to figure out the issue. Thank you once again.

Message 3 of 4 (1,181 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Does sound a bit fishy. Maybe try repairing the game, and starting a new city if this one continues to be buggy. You may have corrupted data somewhere. 

To repair, exit SimCity, right click the icon in Origin & choose to repair game. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4 (1,176 Views)