Re: Simcity stuck on singleplayer

by Geisha4ever

Original Post

Simcity stuck on singleplayer

★★★ Newbie

So I go into the windows 7 start menu & select simcity, the launcher opens OK, but in the bottom left hand corner it says in green "SINGLE-PLAYER MODE", so i check origin because origin is usually the source of these problems, but origin has no offline error message at the top

Message 1 of 8 (9,914 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

SimCity has single player (Origin online/offline) and multiplayer (Origin online). You can choose which game you want from the SimCity Main Menu.

Regardless of your previous SimCity session, Origin will always start up in online mode.

You can change Origin to offline/online (Origin Menu: Origin >  Go Online/ Go Offline) once SimCity has started without affecting SimCity single player, but it will complain if your last SimCity session was multiplayer and give you an option to change to single player.

Another difference is you only have access to hard drive saves in single player and the "cloud" saves in multiplayer.

Message 2 of 8 (9,864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you have the "Single Player Mode" message in the lower corner of the launcher, start the game and then choose Multiplayer at the main menu.

After that, you'll have the option to change servers at the launcher.

Message 3 of 8 (9,623 Views)

★ Novice

I am not given that option

Message 4 of 8 (2,009 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@shefsam1 - Did you purchase the game from Origin? 

Message 5 of 8 (1,989 Views)

★ Novice

Yes.  I did.

I figured it out... It was a new install. So I realized (annoying as it was) that one needs to go through the initial tutorial before they will let you get to those menus and join multi-player.

Message 6 of 8 (1,978 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oh, thanks so much for letting me know. That IS annoying - I totally forgot about that, it's been a long time since I had a new install. I need to make a mental note of that fact!

Message 7 of 8 (1,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nailed it! That's the solution. Thanks.

Message 8 of 8 (1,597 Views)