Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

by noeyjerd

Original Post

Re: Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

★★★ Apprentice

I can't believe that there's still no solution!

Message 81 of 206 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

bought sim city today. played the tutorial. at the point where you have to switch to the region  I got the los signal sign on my screen. tried it again...again the turorial.  after some time where I had to open some datacenter-->signal loss on my screen. this time I could "play" it longer. it was like an hour or so (the game was running - meanwhile I wasn't at home - just to be sure it wasn't an overheat issue). I can play other games for hours. recently I played tomb raider and most wanted. no issues there. EA please do something!

Hardware:

i5-2500K

ATI Readeon HD 6870 (1024MB HIS HD 6870 IceQ X GDDR5)

Asus P8H67-M PRO H67 Sockel 1155 MATX Rev.3

Message 82 of 206 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Back to the top with this thread! I never expect much from EA, but it would be nice to get a confirmation that this issue is being looked into.

I have played a total of three times since having the game. Each time I have gone into region view and that is where I experienced my signal loss.

Edit:

I played for a little while earlier today, maybe about 30 mins and something sent me out to regional view. I immediately black screened. 

Message 83 of 206 (885 Views)

★ Guide
Gotta be something we can do for a refund. Jeez. I contacted a few sites to try to get this story out there but I guess no one cares about poor people who can only afford a few games. I'm going to open more tickets tomorrow. Going to find a fix.
Message 84 of 206 (864 Views)

★ Novice
I think a big key to this is it occurs most often when trying to switch into region mode. I have been able to play for several hours without the crash. But was able too replicate the crash 4 times last night when trying to buy power from a neighboring region. After each hard reset î changed fan speeds, then turned graphical details down to low and then I opened my case and blew out all dust. In all cases the crash occurred going into or coming out of region mode. Specs shouldn't be an issue ( especially with graphical settings all turned to low, frame rate cap to 30, etc). Win 7 64 bit. I5 760, and 6870, and 8 GB of ram.
Message 85 of 206 (844 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't have anything to do with region mode, at least not here...

Message 86 of 206 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Called them again. This guy agreed that it doesn't seem like our computers. He had me do a clean boot. Something I didn't think of. Still Happened. It isn't anything being loaded. Had me do the simcity recovery option but all that does is reinstalls the game lol. I asked for something like origin credit and was denied but this guy actually felt sorry/bad that my game wasn't working. I could hear it in him at the end of the call heh.

Have any of you tried a different server maybe? Then again why would it be the server. I am sure we all aren't on the same one. I am on north america east.

Message 87 of 206 (833 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Could he tell if the problem was recognized by EA/Maxis?

I don't think it's server-related though. I'm on South America.

Message 88 of 206 (820 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The new patch 1.8 doesn't even mention anything about crashes: https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-updates 

Message 89 of 206 (817 Views)

★ Guide

He couldn't tell me anything. He did say it was a weird problem and that there's nothing in the system about a work around for it so my guess is that they don't even know it is a problem.

Message 90 of 206 (808 Views)