by noeyjerd

Original Post

Re: Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

★ Guide

New patch. New amd beta. Same thing.

Message 71 of 206 (1,143 Views)

★ Guide

Everyone with this problem... Do you have stuff like AMD pro tools installed? D3D overrider? Stuff like that?

Message 72 of 206 (1,123 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

remember, i have NVIdia and im getting this issue, lol, i use Precision X by EVGA

Message 73 of 206 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have a nVideo GForce 9800GT I believe off hand.  Shortly after starting a Game, and I start to lay down a few roads,  the screen just goes BLACK, and a few seconds later my Monitor tells me it's lost it's Video Signal.  It does this every single time to me.  I can't play anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes before this happens.  So my gameplay so far has been almost non-existent.    For all the other issues this game has going for it, I can't even play it. This just SUCKS!  This is the last time I Pre-order any game for the PC.  Let alone from EA.  The whole laundry list of issues this game has and they just released it anyway like this.   Unbelievable!!!

By the way, my PC is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  Normally it's running for Media Center.   I've never had this Video killing thing ever and it only happens when trying to play this game.  Every single time.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, I have 8 Gig's of Ram.  What's with this 1 what's turn into CRAP Game?

Message 74 of 206 (1,114 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

noeyjerd, I applaud you for keeping up with it. I've pretty much given up hope! But you keep on keepin on my firend! Good luck I'll be monitoring this thread frequently to see if it ever gets fixed!

Message 75 of 206 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE!!!!!

New Video card fixed the issue.  Its my guess that there is not enough video RAM, texture memory, or whatever on everyone's video card maybe?  My 6950 had only 1GB and my new 660Ti (msi) has 3 gb.  I have nothing other than my personal experience to back this claim up, however it is something that we can all exchange information on and see if we can help Maxis/EA figure out what is going on.  Anyway, as I now have a functioning game in both my old and new regions/maps/servers, I am going to go play!

Best of Luck to all of you, I will check back occasionally to see if there is ever a final resolution.

Message 76 of 206 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There's nothing on that in the minium specs, so it should work with 1GB either way

Message 77 of 206 (1,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have an EVGA GTX 680 with 4GB, and i still bluescreen.

Message 78 of 206 (1,071 Views)

★ Guide

Nah it shouldn't have anything to do with that. I know some people with high end nvidia cards and it is doing the same thing to them. I am checking here every day. Other forums every day. Trying to get it to work. I am ready to give up haha but I am very poor and I can't get my 60$ back so I might as well keep trying. I held off getting Tomb Raider for the PC to buy this POS. Only reason why I got this game was to play with my fiancee and we can't even play it together. It has been way to long with it messing up and no **bleep** word from ea or maxis. It is pathetic.

Message 79 of 206 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

Since I got the game I have been on these stupid forums trying to get it to work. I don't have much money so when I spend 60$ I have to make it count!
I don't have the funds to go out and just buy anything. This is the first game that ever had any problems on my system I can't just go out and buy things.
My computer is just fine. It isn't my hardware or software. My stuff is NOT overheating! Like I have typed many times before I keep doing stress tests.
Come on EA/Maxis. I feel like I am waiting for nothing. It isn't cool buying a game and have this happen. You won't even let us know if you are fixing it.
I have tried this.. I have tried that.. I've been doing stuff like turning off my 2nd monitor, disabling onboard sound, uninstalling my bluetooth. Everything!
There is nothing else I can think of. I ran tests and scans and it is 100% not my computer. No overheating. Nothing. It all lays with you now Maxis!
You need to take responsibility and let us know if this is being worked on. Valve always come on and let people know about stuff on Steam.

Sure you have a lot of people you need to attend to but so do they. I fail to see the problem. I've been really patient waiting for a fix but nope.. Nothing.
Unfortunately my patience is wearing thin. It has been weeks with no word from EA/Maxis. Makes me feel the company does NOT care about us at all!
Could I play Dead Space 3 while I wait? Sure but I already beat that game on the 360. I love the game though. Visceral Games know what they are doing.
Knowing that there is nothing I can do sucks. I tried for a refund from EA and gamestop. Both places denied me so I am out of 60$ That is not cool.
Sad too, I thought it was against the law not to provide refunds for non working software. I guess not. Big corporations can do what they want I guess.

Message 80 of 206 (1,063 Views)