Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

by noeyjerd

Original Post

Re: Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

★ Guide

yah I heard about server issues and I was like "Meh. I can live with bugs and server issues.. I've played WoW for 6 years." but this is making it for I can't even play the game and it seems like EA is all "oh wells. watcha gunna do!"

Message 21 of 206 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Bought the game earlier today..... Randomly freezes screen as described above. Running a 6950. Farcry 3, ARMA2, Metro 2033. Never an issue! Having to re-boot my pc via. The power button is bad practice at the best of times. Not enjoying doing it every few hours. Im convinced its not a hardware issue unless hundreds of people are all having sudden hardware failures at the same time on the same game. If its a driver issue it needs sorting ASAP.

Message 22 of 206 (1,134 Views)

★ Guide

Yea I don't think it is a hardware. It can't be. Did tests on my system and everything is running good. No bad memory. No crashing in any other game or stress tests. /shrugs

Message 23 of 206 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's not our hardware.

Message 24 of 206 (1,119 Views)

★ Guide

Did a tweet to them. Lets see how they blame my hardware and ignore me! If you are having this issue and have Nvidia try the new nvidia driver beta. I think they came out on the 4th. My fiancee is using them and she doesn't have this problem!

Message 25 of 206 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

Message 26 of 206 (1,100 Views)

★ Guide

So why is there a fire next to my thread? Because the firetrucks couldn't find the path to put it out... bazinga!

Message 27 of 206 (1,091 Views)

★ Guide

I ran event viewer and there was an error saying it crashed due to a bugcheck. It made a dmp file. I opened it **Have no clue wtf I see** but I read "Unable to load image atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2" Which is an ati video card driver thing. Seems to be video card driver related! People say to fix the error you just update drivers BUT I am still getting it no matter what driver I use..  I can post the dmp file if someone knows what is said in those things...

Message 28 of 206 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It seems that more and more people are affected by crashes.

Message 29 of 206 (1,067 Views)

★★ Novice

Paid for a product I can´t use

Message 30 of 206 (1,060 Views)