Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

by noeyjerd

Original Post

Re: Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

★ Guide

Yea. It is happening to a lot of us but not nearly enough for them to actually care. I think I am done wishing for a fix. I just want my money back now. You can't ignore people for too long before they give up. This game came out on the 5th and this problem is still happening with no goddamn word from anyone. I am done waiting.

Message 11 of 206 (1,561 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i think for every person that posts a complaint, theres atleast 5 people who havent posted either from A) seeing a complained already posted B)figure its not worth it because they are not going to fix it being the incapable people they are.

Message 12 of 206 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well ... since i bought it from Gamestop... I can't get a refund.... That is goddamn 60$ down the drain...

Message 13 of 206 (1,552 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Look on the bright side, getting a free game on the 18th. it will save you what, five bucks? lol

Message 14 of 206 (1,542 Views)

★ Guide

That is true. Haha. I wonder what games they are going to provide. I hope some great NEW titles but I doubt it.. Who knows.. Sometimes EA likes to surprise people.. 

Message 15 of 206 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Probably just a mini-game

Message 16 of 206 (1,534 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem, however I can't even make it to the loading screen. I downloaded game from disc and when I try playing it (loading through origin) the window just pops up a black screen. Specs and patches are good. When I try running game through compatibility mode I get the following error message: 'ssleay32.dll"

Really have been looking forward to playing this game and it is infuriating to see it is the biggest game launch disaster in years. Glad to see all those who have activated are getting a free game, but I don't know if I'm included in that. I have yet to hear any response from EA or Origin. THANKS!!!

Message 17 of 206 (1,531 Views)

★ Guide

If you activate the game before the 18th you are eligible for the game I believe.

Some other people can't even get in the game because of this problem as well. I can atleast get in and play but can't go to regional view.

Message 18 of 206 (1,529 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's getting very, very frustrating that EA or Maxis is not acknowledging and/or fixing this problem! 

Message 19 of 206 (1,520 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah Ive tried and tried I cant even load my city anymore. Its just an instant crash as soon as the city tries to load. IT IS SO **bleep**ING FRUSTRATING! I also bought from gamestop. I thought if I bought it after the servers were fixed then it wouldnt be a problem. Boy was I **bleep**ing wrong! This suuuuuuucks! Running a Radeon 6870 GPU

Message 20 of 206 (1,508 Views)