Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

by noeyjerd

Original Post

Re: Simcity "signal loss" "Black screen of death" thread

★★★ Apprentice

What was your free game? 

I downloaded Mass Effect 3 and had the exact same issue... maybe it's something Origin?

Message 91 of 206 (833 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has everything to do with Region View for me. I can play for hours and be fine (Except all the rollback issues). If I go into Region View within a few minutes, usually seconds, I black screen.

Message 92 of 206 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First time i have bought a EA origin game on pc as transferd from xbox 4 months ago.

Got this problem on a high end pc with way over requirements, think i'll stick to steam after basically giving a big donation for nothing.

Black screen on start up sound is there, no point saying specs as same as many high end pc's here and basically why should i put the time in to make a good reply when EA blame our specs.

Message 93 of 206 (808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you read this and are outraged I don't blame you.

My name is Max, and so far from this game not only has it half destroyed my computer, it no longer works. I installed it on the 7th of March and didn't play until the 10th. It was ok as I still had a little faith it would be a good game. Then after playing for a hour bang black screen no warning nothing. So i reboot my computer only to find out that it will happen again another 500 times. I then go to repair install the game, I can't do that... I go to fresh install the game and It comes up with a missing .par message. I couldn't figure out what was going on!? all of a sudden the computer crashes hard and I leave it for a day extremely pissed off. The next morning I boot up the computer to check my email and it won't start. I load my secondary drive and manage to load up my backup install on the d drive. After looking with dread at what may have caused the computer not to load I find out that not only has simcity been corrupted. MY ENTIRE C DRIVE HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED OR CLASSED AS MISSING (cannot find this program bla bla). So as we speak, I am stuck on my D drive unable to play simcity, missing half my software (some of it expensive antivirus etc) and very pissed off. I called ea support Australia only to find out they aren't availible on Saturday, **bleep**ING SATURDAY, they have prerecorded messages for you that are COMPLETELY USELESS. I actually feel like sewing EA for this **bleep**.

Message 94 of 206 (798 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know they don't care, otherwise they would at least acknowledge they are aware that this is a problem for some, but back to the front page with this thread!

Message 95 of 206 (755 Views)

★★ Novice

Will this **bleep** ever be fixed? Happens to other Origin games too.

Message 96 of 206 (743 Views)

★ Guide

Reading forums and a lot of people have these problems with EA/Origin. Everyone just says it is their temps EVEN when the temps are fine. 60 temps are not an overheating issue......

Message 97 of 206 (728 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@noeyjerd wrote:

Reading forums and a lot of people have these problems with EA/Origin. Everyone just says it is their temps EVEN when the temps are fine. 60 temps are not an overheating issue......

The problem is the errors are displaying high temps, but the actual readouts are normal GPU temps. The game was repeatedly corrupting my drivers upon uninstall and reinstall - so I finally just got rid of the **bleep**ing game, and my computer has been fine since.

Message 98 of 206 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I only have this problem in this game. Other games work fine.

Message 99 of 206 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is so annoying, i don't get loads of time to play games anymore, and now  I spend my time troubleshooting! Well that is fun and relaxing not to mention the best use of £40 I have ever spent - NOT!

When I first got the game a week ago, it crashed back to the desktop once ( I'll allow that for teething PC games) but otherwise was fine.

Later this week after the new update it has now ( at random intervals) started with the BSOD after 10-15 mins of constant game play. The sound keeps going the screen just says "no iput" and I have to force manual restart/shutdown. Not the best for the hardware and If it breaks it, EA guess what you are getting a bill for the repair!

I have updated my graphics driver, rolled it back, ( nvidea) upgraded it again, unistalled the game, reinstalled, "fixed install" ( like that ever works!).

Upgraded DivX, rolled it back to 9, back to 11 again. I have intel CPU ( for my sins) so not and AMD issue that i can see.

The only "fix" I have found so far, is to be very careful how you play, to extend the amount of time before the BSOD, every 5 mins exit the game to the main menu and reenter, that seems to hold it off for a while, but is a god awful way of playing.

If anyone knows any way to stop the annoying fault please put us out of our misery!

Wooo I'm message 100 - 100 messages on this poxy fault will you listen now please

Message 100 of 206 (709 Views)