Re: Simcity not launching correctly on windows 10 (2018)

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Simcity not launching correctly on windows 10 (2018)

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone!

im having problems launching simcity on windows 10 I launch the game as administrator it loads up to the server select screen in which I can change servers no problem and then once I hit the play button the game shows on the task bar, I hear game sounds and it shows in task manager but as not responding, the game dosnt actually load and on the odd occasion il get a quarter of a black screen and the cursor will change but nothing else, anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

im running intel I5 8600K @ 3.6Ghz

16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram

GTX 1070 graphics card

all of my drivers and windows is on the latest update as of 26/08/18 so I’m not sure what else to do

Message 1 of 2 (392 Views)

Re: Simcity not launching correctly on windows 10 (2018)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @shaun7980 - It sounds like something is blocking your access to the game. I would bet that you have MSI's Nahimic 2 sound program installed. If so, disable or uninstall it, then try again. Launch both Origin.exe and SimCity.exe "as administrator" just like you've been doing.

If it's not Nahimic 2, double-check firewall and antivirus to be sure Origin.exe and SimCity.exe are on their exception lists. There are a few other things to try, so let us know if these don't work.

Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)