Re: Simcity Stuck on Loading Screen (infinite loop)

by Sigfreidus

Original Post

★ Novice

I had the same problem. When I went to the working city (the one I claimed first) and claim the other city from there, it worked fine. There's an icon on the left of your screen to view region. Click on that then click on an unclaimed city, claim it, and it will switch and load the new city.

Message 11 of 20 (2,136 Views)

★★ Novice
I also have this problem... offline mode, sandbox, no mods... one city in a region will work fine. Add a second city and it goes into the eternal loading graphic loop.
Message 12 of 20 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your Origin ID: niaxtime

Your City Name: newtown

The Region Name: newtown

The Server Name: northeast america 4

How did you end your session last time you were playing the city: With regular Quit button. I haven't played in almost 2 years because of this

Message 13 of 20 (1,887 Views)

★ Novice

+1 me too, exactly the same scenario.

Offline, claim second city....boom

Message 14 of 20 (1,826 Views)

★ Novice

Must say that after my whole experience with SimCity from start to finish along with this prob now and the obvious complete lack of support EA is pretty much the worst game company on the earth.

+1 for uninstall and don't use their products any more.

Message 15 of 20 (1,825 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you see your problem solved? I contacted EA games and nothing changed. Uninstalled and installed back the game. Repaired game within the origin options. Unchecked Origin in the game. Some new error started appearing ([3000]) and the game would launch at all. Uninstalled again and installed back. The game started running smoothly again... UNTIL I decided to claim a second city in the region I had created! 

This is so frustrating! 

Message 16 of 20 (1,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I get stuck in The Infinite Loop, it's always because I tried to load a city that errors out, then try to go to a city which I know works. I restart, and everything is back to normal. If I try to claim a city and get that "You cannot claim this city ..." error, I already know the next city I'm going to load will enter The Infinite Loop ... so I just go ahead and restart. It's annoying, and I am pretty sure EA will never fix it so ...

i know that whenever you load up for the first time, the game file is updated somehow (the "modified date" is always changed so I'm safely making that assumption). Obviously, when you load a bugged or crappy city, it writes the "bug" to your game file and affects everything else you do. Any PROs care to elaborate on that in an intelligent manner?

Message 17 of 20 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No wonder they get voted worst company in America every year

Message 18 of 20 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice
@JoelTheMayor Its 2021 now and this issue still hasn't been resolved, bloody pathetic display by EA support.... Once again
Message 19 of 20 (777 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with SimCity, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 20 of 20 (757 Views)