Simcity/Simcity Cities of Tomorrow's tutorial does not work...

by kkh1230822

Original Post

Simcity/Simcity Cities of Tomorrow's tutorial does not work...

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

Whenever I run Simcity and it tells me to play the tutorial, however, it will not let me load Summer Shoal completely.

There is a problem whenever it's loading ControlNet 'whatever' it is...

I even switched servers just in case but never worked...

Please help me.

Message 1 of 2 (752 Views)

Re: Simcity/Simcity Cities of Tomorrow's tutorial does not work...

Hero (Retired)

Hi kkh - There are a couple of things to try to get your tutorial to load. 

First, make sure you're logged out of both Origin and SimCity. You might want to reboot just to be sure.

Then, set your Origin.exe and SimCity.exe files to "Run As Administrator" - Right-click the desktop icon, choose Properties > Shortcut tab > Open File location. Right-click the *.exe, choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box on the bottom that says "Run this program as Administrator". (You may need to set Windows to Show Hidden Files & Show File Extensions for some of these steps) 

After each of these steps, try to run the tutorial again. If it stalls, close out of everything and try the next step.

1. Repair Game: Launch Origin. In the main menu, right-click the SimCity icon and choose "Repair Game". After it completes, run SimCity and see if you can complete the tutorial. If not - log out of both Origin and SimCity again
  2. SimCity Recovery: In File Explorer, navigate to SimCityRecovery.exe (default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery\). Right-click SimCityRecovery.exe and choose "Run As Administrator". Be patient, it might take a few minutes to complete. If the file doesn't exist in that folder, don't worry, just skip this step.
  3. Speed Run - In File Explorer, navigate to your SimCity Documents folder  (\Users\YourUserName\Documents or \This PC\Documents\) Right-click the SimCity folder, choose "Properties" and change the name of the folder to something else, like SimCityOld. Re-run the tutorial, speed through until you get to the part that stalled, and you should be able to complete the tutorial.
  4. Reset Mini-tutorials - Launch SimCity, on the main menu, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, choose "Options" > Gameplay tab > Click the "Reset Mini-Tutorials" tab
  5. Skip the Tutorial - If it just refuses to move past that one part, you will have to skip the tutorial by exiting to the main menu. Either use the Esc key or the icon in the upper right corner of the screen. I know that's not optimal, but if you got as far as ControlNet, that's a pretty good overview, and the mini-tutorials in the game will give you a more comprehensive overview as you move through the different levels. You can also search for "SimCity tutorial" for quite a few good ones out there on the 'net.

I hope this helps! Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (733 Views)