Re: Simcity - Offline Playing - Second City on Eternal Loading

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@simtom1500 @silverwood02  If it's just one of the cities in the region that hangs on load, try entering a different city from the region and load the city from region view. 

If that won't work, three things to try -

1. Run SimCityRecovery.exe Default location is your Program Files folder  \Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery\SimCityRecovery.exe
  2. In Origin, right-click the SimCity game, choose Repair Game
  3. In Origin, right-click the SimCity game, choose Game Properties, click the box that says "Disable Origin in Game for this game"

Message 11 of 17 (1,684 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks.

What happens is:

You click a region, claim a city, it loads and it is fine. You log out, log in and click that city it is fine. Log out click the region and select another city, then it just hangs. But if when in a city you click region and select claim it works fine. Then if you log out and select that region you can select any of the cities and they load. The problem seems to be trying to create another city from the region view - it just fails to work.

So the obvious question - do you have this issue? If not I wonder why? I never had it, until a few years ago.

Given that there are no more updates - I am assuming we will have to use the workaround of creating from within the city itself.

I have tried the repair tool, no success,I have the disable origin in game selected, I have not tried the sim city recovery tool - what is that?

Keith

Message 12 of 17 (1,675 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I honestly don't know if I have this problem or not now; I haven't tried claiming a new city in ages. I may open a new region soon tho, and will let you know if I run into the problem. But yes, I think we're stuck with any errors 

The SimCity Recovery app was created back when they were having so many issues with the servers; rollbacks, problems with the launchers, and general file corruption. It's *possible* (I'm guessing here) that running the tool could help if you have a corrupted file, but I don't know for sure. I do know that it will re-download all the most recent game files, so if you run it, be prepared to have a bit of a wait. Also recommend you run it in Administrator mode.

I used it once, was having an issue where I couldn't get into one of my cities. It did fix my problem, although the city experienced a rollback, I was able to play it from then on. But this was at least 4 years ago, so not sure if anything about it is relevant to your situation or not. Wish I could be of more help, I'm afraid we're pretty much on our own.

Message 13 of 17 (1,665 Views)

★ Novice

Try to open the city you made and from the view of your city opens the new city, it has worked for me.

Message 14 of 17 (1,283 Views)

★ Guide
Wow! This post was from 2017! I can't even remember the issue, but thinks for the reply.
Keith
Message 15 of 17 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems wrong that they keep selling the game but do not patch it.  There are no newer sim city games!

Message 16 of 17 (1,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This worked for me.

Load into an existing city and then load into the brand new city.

Message 17 of 17 (685 Views)