Simcity: I keep losing my cities? Many hours of lost play!

by xXDustyBinXx

Original Post

Simcity: I keep losing my cities? Many hours of lost play!

★ Novice

Ok This really is starting to get frustrating. I spend MANY hours playing the game and dont expect to lose my hard work. Twice this week my game has suddenly stopped and tells me that the city is not responding properly?? Something like that. Takes me back to the home screen then to a map view of my region and asks me to either abandon the city or revert back to an earlier stage. I chose the second option. Re load and then it loads up with a blank terrain where my once busy city used to stand??? PLease please tell me that this is going to stop I have had enough of this buggy game and so wish there was an option to save to your computer! Please say this is going to happen. I am slowly losing my faith in everything EA.

Please help!

Origin Account Name: xXDustyBinXx (or xxdustybinxx as it seems to show up at the top right of this screen?)

City Name: (Was: New Town) reverted back to: pinewood hills 

Region: Wiltshire

Server: Europe 4

Please Note: This is a private region

Message 1 of 22 (4,302 Views)

Re: Simcity: I keep losing my cities? Many hours of lost play!

★★★ Newbie

I've just had exactly the same problem.

'A problem processing your city' popped up. It offered to restore to a previous point. Then it dropped back to the main menu and when clicking resume game it says I don't have any existing citys!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 22 (4,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This game is really fun, but this DRM crap sucks. I have lost 2 cities already with like 150k people each..... I really hope EA knows this. please FIX ThIS I don't even wanna start a new city with this problem that keeps happening. : (
Message 3 of 22 (4,033 Views)

★ Novice

Until they take out the always online DRM crap, I am done with this game.  Three times today I have lost cities to my city isn't processing correctly or has just black screened and gone back to the main menu only to resume my game and see that my city has been rolled back to nothing.  I do know that if I see a game has always online **bleep** on it, I am not buying it no matter what it is.  Thanks EA for teaching me the hard way that I will never do that again.

Message 4 of 22 (3,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This problem has happened 4x in the last days that I played, I built the cities and when they are earning more than 50k just the game back to the menu.
After restarting the game I see that my city is gone (the last I remember was the "Valley of the Kings."

Message 5 of 22 (3,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here.  I had it happen about a week in, after purchasing the game the day it was released.  Figuered it was tied to all the server issues that Origin had so I restarted my fine city.  Unfortunately, it just happened again a few days ago.  My hope was that it would show back up at some point but after checking back a few other times it doesnt seem that it will. 

The gameplay was awesome, really liked the game but I think I am giving up.

Message 6 of 22 (3,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just about the same issue here. I will be playing and all of a sudden my screen goes blank and I am sent back to the main page of the program. When I I start back up the city I see it was last accessed "Just Now", but it was the city I had hours before. Last night I was at 176k in population in 1 city, and about 40k in a second, new one. After "Crashing" I started back up. My larger city was at 120k and the second had 1 road.

Is there any way to force a save? If I could force the program to save rather then asume the remote saves are working magically I would be much more happy. But I almost do not want to play anymore in fear of my cities being lost.

-Jeff

Message 7 of 22 (3,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I brought the game this friday, and ALL the cities I've made so far - All got deleted... I even tried to normally exit the game I was in, and try to shut down SimCity normally. When I turned on, everything was gone - AGAIN!

Please EA, give some answers! If this problem persist I would want a refund of this game!!

Message 8 of 22 (3,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just lost my region as well, it is the 5th time since release day that this has happened to me. Before I would get the "one of your citys is not processing" and it rolled me back all the way to a blank slate. However, today I started getting weird graphical glitches, the road improve tool was just an arrow, the description box when you hover over things moved to the upper left, I could see what I believed to be code instead of text, so I exited to main menu and lost everything, there was no resume game or anything, it just disappeared. This really sucks since I put a TON of effort and time into this city and had no traffic and was probably one of my best designed cities. 

What is the point of playing if I can't force a save, and I'm just going to end up losing my region at some point?

Message 9 of 22 (3,556 Views)

★ Novice

SAME HERE!  At least allow us to force save, so we can roll back to the last saved position !

Message 10 of 22 (3,387 Views)