by PL4R

Original Post

Re: Simcity Crash OSX 10.13

★★★★★ Newbie
Please keep us informed!
Message 71 of 125 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Guide

For a couple of days ago, Aspyr Media came with the news that the SimCity Complete Edition (the App-store-version of SimCity 2013), now is fixed, and the game only crashes in the tutorial after the MacOS 10.13.4-update. If you skip tutorial, the game works fine they say.

In DM, they told me: 

Spoiler
Right now, only the tutorial portion of the game is crashing so skipping that should get you going within the rest of the game.

As I foresaw, it seems like EA is pretending their fix never got released.

Message 72 of 125 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jbd00wrote:

For a couple of days ago, Aspyr Media came with the news that the SimCity Complete Edition (the App-store-version of SimCity 2013), now is fixed, and the game only crashes in the tutorial after the MacOS 10.13.4-update. If you skip tutorial, the game works fine they say.

In DM, they told me: 

Spoiler
Right now, only the tutorial portion of the game is crashing so skipping that should get you going within the rest of the game.

As I foresaw, it seems like EA is pretending their fix never got released.

Sooo.. People like me who bought the game via Origin need to buy it in AppStore to be able to play? I just tried playing my Origin-version, still a no-go...

Message 73 of 125 (2,289 Views)

★★ Novice

Arghhhhhhh this is so frustrating. I just want to build some cities. EA needs to get it together.

Message 74 of 125 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

anyone tried requesting a refund so they can repurchase via app store? I might give it a go.

Message 75 of 125 (2,076 Views)

★★★ Guide

GUYS BE AWARE THE APP STORE VERSION DOES NOT SUPPORT ONLINE, ONLY OFFLINE!

Message 76 of 125 (2,069 Views)

★★ Novice

Got the same crash problem also...

I really hope that they will solve this asap!!!

I was trying to enjoy a homework-free day with SimCity last weekend...

Message 77 of 125 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Guide

@ripp3ify for your information, this thread was created in October. I think most of us in this forum have come to the conclusion that @EA_Mage and her team of incompetent clowns have a long time ago trashed their plans for any updates. You even hear it in their answers. They expect APPLE of all to fix this issue??

Message 78 of 125 (1,794 Views)

★★ Novice
Seriously, Apply has stated this issue require EA to fix it by themselves on that message. But apparently, EA doesn't give much care on us about that.

Even under massive of users cannot play a game, they still don't know how to deal with it. I don't know what has happened inside them. But for now, I guess we can do nothing but wait, unless you want to downgrade your macOS... Seriously, I won't do that, which is too risky for me.
Message 79 of 125 (1,782 Views)

★★★ Guide
I like how EA just pretends this forum and problem does not exist anymore and cross their fingers we will stopp commenting..
Message 80 of 125 (1,445 Views)