Re: Simcity Crash OSX 10.13

by EA_Mai

Original Post

EA app Team
Hi @loveshak925,

Sorry for the wait. If you bought the game recently and you couldn't play it because of this, please, contact one of our advisers and explain them what happened. They will be able to tell you if you are still under the Great Game Guarantee: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee

Keep in mind we won't send you an answer to bug reports, although we do use the information you send. This is a reason why your cases could have been closed if you sent them as bug reports.

To request a refund, please, select Origin as product, then Orders > Request refund as the reason for your contact. Or you can just use this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=mac&category=orders&issue=request-refund&...

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 91 of 125 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 92 of 125 (1,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have played this game for several years. Several. I didn't JUST buy it. Now that I have OS High Sierra I can't play it. What do I do?
Message 93 of 125 (1,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hi, @Muttpup123 Tongue out as Maxis and EA has hinted in this forum, EA has decided to once and for all totally abandon SimCity 2013 and thus stop releasing updates.

As I see it, you are left with two choices:

1. Install BootCamp on your Mac as @BlackjackWidow mentioned, or

2. Purchase it via the Mac App Store, where a third-party developer, AspyrMedia is accountable and still to this date gives updates every now and then to the game.

They claimed here that their version only experienced a crash in the tutorial, but if you skipped it, you will be good to go. The only downside with the Mac App Store version is that it is fully offline, but the upside is that you get most DLC included.

I'm very disappointed too, but the straw that broke the camel's back for me was when EA claimed they expected Apple to fix this issue for them. That's a frontier developer Zipped lips

Edit: It appears Aspyr has withdrawn the game from the Mac App Store so you're only left with the BootCamp-option

Message 94 of 125 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Been building cities for twentysomething years.  I now cant build cities unless I go back to playing sim city 4 or sim city 3000.  Not going back to 2000 or O.G.  It was a decade between sim city 4 and sim city 5, and had no problems playing sim city 4 for that decade.  Sad!  Sim City in my mind is as great of a franchise as star wars/ trek/ mortal combat / mario, ect.  One can only hope that whatever company purchases Sim City IP will also see it for what it is.  Cheers to Sim City 6 2023.

Message 95 of 125 (1,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

What!? Someone bought the SimCity-franchise @truf56!? :eahigh_file: Is this speculation??

Message 96 of 125 (1,482 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just finished talking to a technician at EA and they told me to:
Right click on the SimCity icon and click show package contents
Open Contents/Resources folder
Open SimCityUserData folder
Find EcoGame folder
Delete the files within the EcoGame folder

I am unsure if this works as I do not have SimCity currently installed but as soon as it installs I will update if it works Standard smile FINGERS CROSSED IT WORKS!
Message 97 of 125 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just tested this and I finished installing the game, did the tutorial, and it crashed, but i deleted the files, and re launched, it asked me to update the game, so i did, but after about 5 min it crashed again, i re deleted the files and launched the game, but I didn't update the game, I go to the menu, started a new region bu I was unable to access any city, new or old. So this didn't work :/ guess i'm gonna have to invest in a pc Frown
Message 98 of 125 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Or bootcamp @Multigiuseppe3 Standard smile

BTW have you checked if offline is working? Online is REALLY buggy. My graphics card is not supported so I can't check :/

Message 99 of 125 (1,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey @jbd00 I tried it in both online and offline and it didn't work on both :/ I would bootcamp but I would rather just wait for them to fix it or just buy a PC, I have been thinking of getting a gaming one for a while now anyways, mainly for sims 4 and simcity Standard smile

Message 100 of 125 (1,291 Views)