Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

by knavishdesert

Original Post

Re: Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

★★★★★ Newbie

Also wanted to add that it seemed to only start happening for me after an update around 2:30 am Central not the update before that.

Message 61 of 425 (4,571 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup me too....Played like arnd 15 mins before game suddenly crashed. Please look into the issue.

Message 62 of 425 (4,549 Views)

★ Novice

and I thought I could start playing on launch day . 
How naive of me 

Message 63 of 425 (4,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Fixed for me.
I set SimCity to "run as admin" and that seems to have fixed this problem for me. (I could play fine on my first city then as soon as I expanded it would crash after only a few minutes every time)

Probably wont work for everyone but I saw the solution posted in another thread and want to help spread the word cause it's friggin annoying and maybe it'll work for you.

Running Win7 64bit
GTX 660
i5 3470
8GB RAM
Message 64 of 425 (4,497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

With the quality of gameplay i've been receiving, i hope the developers get shut down and fired. With all the recent companies laying off devs, you take 10 years to come up with a game that doesn't work half the time. Besides that, why add the internet as another variable of failure to your game when EA has never had solid netcode? 

I've crashed so many times to desktop, lost so many cities in just 12 hours of gameplay, i'm already thinking of tossing this game aside. Worst experience with an EA game ever. It's a wonder you guys are still around. Shut the f*ck down already and give gamers in the world some piece of mind - or make better games. 

Message 65 of 425 (4,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem on windows 8.

I've just buy new pc for this game! I waited 10 years and what did I got? 15 minutes and crash for my 40$? Thanks, EA, I'll never gonna buy another game from you!

Message 66 of 425 (4,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess I am not alone in this. Very frustrating to lose city after city no matter what I try. I have adjusted settings to their lowest quality and still get crashes. I am tired of starting over so many times. PLEASE find a fix for this. For $80 this is unacceptable.

Message 67 of 425 (4,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im getting the strangest feeling of dejavu i just bought this simcity yesterday but it feels like i just bought sc4 on its first day. Screwed agian by ea 6 years later. unlike sc4 that crashed all the time ea decides it will let everyone build one city. At least the skyscrapers are included.

Message 68 of 425 (4,341 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

gettin real tired of having to start over.

Message 69 of 425 (4,229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK For people crashing all the time...this is what worked for me and trust me...been messing with the stupid thing since last night. Might not work for you but here goes. I have Windows 8. I ran the compatibility check for the game and it suggested Windows XP Service pack 3.....also run the game as Administrator. Worked great. I can save, game isn't crashing, and my town is still there when I return. Let me know if this helps you! You can run the compatibility check on Win 7 as well.

Message 70 of 425 (4,163 Views)