Original Post

Re: Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

★ Novice

Same problem, and it's causing me to rage Confusedmileymad: :mansad:

Message 21 of 425 (4,189 Views)

★ Novice

Adding my name to the list.

Played for over 8hrs yesterday (3/4/2013) and now, I can't play more than 15min. Just about the time I get my roads settled and people start moving in, the game just stops working, then closes.

Message 22 of 425 (4,181 Views)

★★★ Novice

same with me... crashes early in the city building. if I survive the first 5 mins, I seem to be ok afterwards.

And it crashes before saving, so you hae to start over again and again. Frustrating

Message 23 of 425 (4,163 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing happening.  It looks like it might be a problem with the saving system, or causing problems to the saving system.  I tried to start a new city in a new region a good five times, each time it crashed despite different cities, different regions and different graphics settings.  None of the cities saved until I came back later and saw the first one there in its slot.

Message 24 of 425 (4,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It is. That's why it's Always Online DRM because all the calculations and data is done server side. Which is also why it was a **bleep**ty launch because everyone was trying to get data from the servers at the same time which cause, like my roads in simcity, go into heavy traffic.

Message 25 of 425 (4,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

West Europe 1 because NA east and west are full.

Message 26 of 425 (4,147 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem except I cant even play for 5 minutes before crashing.

Specs:

Intel i7 2.8 Ghz

24 MB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 4GB GDDR5.

Please help someone!

Message 27 of 425 (4,071 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issues as everyone else.  Looks like we are just going to have to wait for this all to get sorted out.  Who knew??  Confusedmileywink:

Message 28 of 425 (4,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been happening to me too.  At first I thought it had to do with my computer because I have a crappy computer but then I saw that others have been having the same issue. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Message 29 of 425 (4,012 Views)

★ Apprentice

played for 6 hrs yesturday no problem, now i can barely stay in for 6 mins before crashing to desktop.

Message 30 of 425 (3,972 Views)