Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

by knavishdesert

Original Post

Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

★★★ Newbie

I play the game and after a little bit it crashes, it says "sim city as stopped working" i know it has nothing to do with my graphix card or anything because it used to do it with simcity 4 not that long ago. I dont know how to fix it, It will not stop crashing. I dont know if its origin but im starting to dislike origin a lot because of these issues.

Message 1 of 425 (29,685 Views)

Re: Simcity 5 keeps crashing.

★★★ Newbie
It seems to happen to me within 10-15 minutes of starting a new city. If i get past that mark it seems to run fine.
Message 2 of 425 (29,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is doing the same thing to me everytime and it does not save my city....so I have to start over.  Fingers crossed for a patch.  My compter is brand new

Message 3 of 425 (29,008 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, same problem here. I was able to play for two hours last night without any problems. This evening the game keeps crashing when I start a new city after about 15 minutes or so. Just crashes to desktop without saving the city. Really frustrating as I'm on my 5th start now.

Message 4 of 425 (28,919 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same thing, too. My first city never crashed, but when I made a new region, I can't seem to get more than a few minutes into the game before it crashes and I lose the whole save file. Between that and the servers continuing to crap out tonight, and I'm beginning to think the Beta stress tests taught the devs NOTHING. This launch was handled poorly, just look at Metacritic. LOL.

Message 5 of 425 (28,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. This is VERY frustrating

Message 6 of 425 (28,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm having the same problem also. get your **bleep** in gear EA, i didnt spend 60$ on a game that works 50% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 425 (28,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Throwing my hat into this too.  I can't play for more than 15min then I get a crash.

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

AMD Athlon II X4 630

6GB Ram

GTX 580 (latest drivers).

Message 8 of 425 (28,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here.

First city works ok, but second city in the region crashes after just a few minutes, forcing me to restart it now three times.  Fourth time is the charm, I guess. *tries again, out of stubborness*

Message 9 of 425 (28,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup here too. Almost identical had a great time palying earlier today left to go somewhere, came back, and I'm in can't play land with everyone else.

Message 10 of 425 (28,754 Views)