Simcity 5, Does Radiation ever go away?

by jorvdog

Original Post

Simcity 5, Does Radiation ever go away?

★ Novice

Had a meltdown, and its been over a year.  Does the Radiation ever go away?

Message 1 of 25 (40,302 Views)

Re: Simcity 5, Does Radiation ever go away?

★★★ Newbie

I had a meltdown at Year 3...  I decided to let my game run and now i'm at year 31 and its only slightly decreased... The outerbands are starting to fade... The inner bands haven't moved...  

Message 2 of 25 (39,893 Views)

★ Guide

I read somewhere within the past couple weeks that it takes about 20 years for radiation to begin dissipating.

Message 3 of 25 (39,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Worst case I've heard is 32 years per level, so 96 years to go away. Basically if you get hit by a meteor, part of your city is unusable forever.

Message 4 of 25 (39,873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

96 years???

I better leave my city, then.

Message 5 of 25 (39,852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So radiation stays for an insainly long period of time with no way to clean it up but resources like water are gone in a few months?

Message 6 of 25 (39,841 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, sir.

But if you are having problems with water, just treat the sewage water and reuse it.

Message 7 of 25 (39,813 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I know trees tend to absorb pollution (and they die, and you put new ones up, etc.), but I don't know about radiation. Probably worth a try.

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 8 of 25 (39,807 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@scotydoesknow wrote:

Worst case I've heard is 32 years per level, so 96 years to go away. Basically if you get hit by a meteor, part of your city is unusable forever.

Good thing our given sizes are so large! Wouldn't it really suck if we had really small city tiles?

Message 9 of 25 (39,795 Views)

★ Apprentice

had same prob not w/ a meltdown but with a meteor (or maybe ufo?) ... never seems to go away.  I finally just said screw it and built a park over it.  (fortunately it was a small area).

Message 10 of 25 (39,790 Views)