Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition Code Not Working

by Ajbass116

Original Post

Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition Code Not Working

★★★★ Newbie

Today I purchased SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition from Game (not the newest SimCity!!), therefore I have a hard copy of the disk. However, when I tried to install it, it says my Serial Code on the back of the games manual is invalid. I'm almost a 100% certain there are no mistakes in it as there are no easily mistakable Numbers or Letters in it (e.g. O and 0). What should I do now? Should I take it back to Game or is there someone I can contact regarding this matter?

Please remember, this is SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (from 2003), NOT the newest SimCity (2013).

Any help would be most appreciated,

Message 1 of 2 (1,952 Views)

Re: Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition Code Not Working

True, an "invalid code" message would suggest the code isn't entered correctly or it's in the wrong format.

It should be 5 sets of 4 alphanumeric codes (20) XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Try it without the dashes.

You could also try contacting a game advisor via live chat from your computer.

You'll have to register an Origin account to gain access

Write down your account info and save it.

Install the Origin client

You can contact a GA from the Origin client Menu:

Help > Origin Help.

Live Chat, up top next to the Search box.

or here..

1 Click on the following link:
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Alternatively, try entering your code here.

The Origin client also has redeem code capabilities in the "Origin" pulldown.

These are normally used for digital download codes, so don't be surprised if "invalid code" pops up again. It's worth a shot.

Message 2 of 2 (1,921 Views)

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help