Simcity 2013

by wilsonmatoso

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simcity 2013

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello again, how do I appear my photo in Simcity multiplayer mode? only appears offline!

Message 1 of 2 (660 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simcity 2013

Hero (Retired)

Hi @wilsonmatoso - I am sorry to say that I don't think you can get your avatar (picture) to show up in multiplayer mode - at least not right away.

There have been many people reporting the problem, and there are a few things to try. Just my opinion, but I think the problem is that the avatars are set to update when the SimCity servers update, and since it's a legacy game, they aren't updated regularly anymore. So the only thing you can do is make sure that your avatar is selected in SimCity and also the same one is selected in your EA account. Then it could be quite a wait - they do maintenance on SimCity servers, but not very frequently, so there's no way to tell when it will actually show up online for you.

Go to https://www.ea.com/ and log into your account (top right-hand corner). Set your avatar under Account Settings > About Me

Then it's just a waiting game. I somehow lost my avatar in multiplayer mode a couple of years ago, and then one day it just appeared out of nowhere again. I have no idea why or how, but I am happy to have it back now. I'm not changing it ever again Large smile I hope this helps - I know how frustrating it can be.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (635 Views)

All Replies

Re: Simcity 2013

Hero (Retired)

Hi @wilsonmatoso - I am sorry to say that I don't think you can get your avatar (picture) to show up in multiplayer mode - at least not right away.

There have been many people reporting the problem, and there are a few things to try. Just my opinion, but I think the problem is that the avatars are set to update when the SimCity servers update, and since it's a legacy game, they aren't updated regularly anymore. So the only thing you can do is make sure that your avatar is selected in SimCity and also the same one is selected in your EA account. Then it could be quite a wait - they do maintenance on SimCity servers, but not very frequently, so there's no way to tell when it will actually show up online for you.

Go to https://www.ea.com/ and log into your account (top right-hand corner). Set your avatar under Account Settings > About Me

Then it's just a waiting game. I somehow lost my avatar in multiplayer mode a couple of years ago, and then one day it just appeared out of nowhere again. I have no idea why or how, but I am happy to have it back now. I'm not changing it ever again Large smile I hope this helps - I know how frustrating it can be.

Message 2 of 2 (636 Views)