Re: SimCity won't start

by buddynugget219

Original Post

SimCity won't start

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the new SimCity last night using Origin. The problem is that when I try to launch the game, the cursor blinks as though the computer is working, but the game simply doesn't launch. There's no error message or anything - it just doesn't start.

Message 1 of 162 (30,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ajdearment wrote:

I just downloaded the new SimCity last night using Origin. The problem is that when I try to launch the game, the cursor blinks as though the computer is working, but the game simply doesn't launch. There's no error message or anything - it just doesn't start.

I also get this problem
EA just a **bleep**

Message 2 of 162 (30,282 Views)

★★ Guide

i just posted the same issue 2 seconds ago glad to see im not the only one having the issue i was able to play before and than all of a sudden it just wouldnt load anymore i uninstalled and tried it again still nothing. Launcher wont come up for the update or anything it really really blows. Was having crashing issues and server issues before this too, one thing after another. 

Message 3 of 162 (30,272 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. Posted also. Running as administrator doesn't help, nor does restarting pc, or checking the installation in origin. Confusedmileysad:

Message 4 of 162 (30,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I paid $65 for this thing, so I'd like it to be functional on some level. And the problems I'm having are only after it took forever to download a bunch of updates.

Message 5 of 162 (30,265 Views)

★★ Guide

Ive tried all those things too and pretty much ever solution that you would normally go through for software/game issues lol I hate EA!!

Message 6 of 162 (30,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Currently waiting in line to talk to a technical support person from EA ill let you guys know if it yeilds any results

EDIT - 25-30min wait at 1:11pm EST

EDIT - 55-60min wait at 1:18pm EST LOL FU EA

EDIT - 55-60min wait at 1:27pm EST this is a god **bleep** joke... Also just tried to launch SimCity again and it froze my Origin Program and it had to be force closed more and more issues and still no answers. They should have mad people all over these forums talking to us and actually fixing issues and asking us for information so they can actually do those things. 

EDIT - 20-25min wait at 1:55pm EST hopefully something soon guys been clicking play every now and again still not working tried recovery also didnt do anything either. 

EDIT - 5-10min wait at 2:07pm EST be talking to them any minute now FINGERS CROSSED

Message 7 of 162 (30,241 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ajdearment wrote:

Yup...

Message 8 of 162 (30,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well.  I ran the Simcity recovery and that worked a few times but now that isn't even doing it.  It usually gives me trouble when i try to switch servers.

Message 9 of 162 (30,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem all day yesterday and today!  WTF!  Is there a fix for this?!

Message 10 of 162 (30,208 Views)