SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

by DiddlyDonker

Original Post

Re: SimCity keeps freezing (NOT BSOD or windows error)???

★★ Novice

The same thing. The game just freezes after 5 minutes. The mouse continues to move, everything else stops. EA I hate you!

Message 61 of 135 (2,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just started getting this problem after I switched to play in windowed mode while I was waiting on live chat from Origin.  Now I can't play more than a couple minutes, it was fine before today. Frown

Edit:

Spoke with Telephone Customer Support (who answered in 30 seconds) and this is what he told me.  Run the recovery tool, found in the recovery folder.  If that doesn't work, delete the following files to make the game remake the config files:

simcity/simcity/config remove all files from folder
simcity/recovery/config remove all files
simcity/simcitydata/config remove all files

Will post if it seems to fix it.

Edit:

So, did recovery which took a long time, deleted the config folders, still freezing.  Very sad panda atm Frown

Message 62 of 135 (2,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having the same issue, only happens when I try to load MY city, just placed a Items Port and freezing started, tried uninstalling, re-installing, etc.  Nothing worked

Message 63 of 135 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is with the crashing, freezing up?  Mine freezes like that too. I was never really a sims player, but my husband talked me into getting this game. Once installed I played for a bit still not sure if I was gonna like it, but now after having 8 hours into it I'm addicted. I can't enjoy playing for fear of it crashing or freezing up. If I knew there was gonna be this kind of issue, I never would have wasted my money. To much to spend on a game that DOES NOT WORK RIGHT. Seriously want my money back

Message 64 of 135 (2,242 Views)

★ Novice

I solved this one:

Deleted simcity folder and all of its content. Reload origin and redownload / install  game.

My city frose after 5-6 minutes all the time, sometimes faster.

Played 8 hours and counting, no freeze after this.

Message 65 of 135 (2,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the sound and mouse, but no gameplay lock up too. Just wanted to add that my problems started ocurring after dropping the freight train addition to my trade port which seemed to be operating  for a while without hassles.

Message 66 of 135 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game freezes up after less than a minute in one city.  The rest are fine, but this is totally unacceptable.  The music plays and I can move the mouse, but the game is frozen.  

FIX THIS.  The game is broken.  One free game is not enough for the frustration this Broken Simcity "game" has caused.

Message 67 of 135 (2,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have two completely different computers and the game freezes on both. I believe this is related to a memory or processing bug. It now freezes on any city within my region. 

I5 gen 3 with AMD 7770 and beta drivers 16GB ram

AMD Core 2 Duo? AMD 4550 6GB ram

I noticed on each computer one core is running at max when the game suddenly freezes.

Message 68 of 135 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im getting alot of Apphang issues after patch 1.8. I upgraded metals HQ. Can hear game in background, have to end simcity process.

Windows 7 64bit

8GB ram

AMD Phenom11x4 965

Radeon HD6970 2GB

MA790FXT-UD5P

North America west 3 |  3 cities Black lung, water world & Industrial low

Description:   A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:   Problem Event Name: AppHangB1   Application Name: SimCity.exe   Application Version: 1.8.0.0   Application Timestamp: 514b46d7   Hang Signature: ee7d   Hang Type: 2048   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3   Locale ID: 1033   Additional Hang Signature 1: ee7d2dcb65deba781e1f212a7663e252   Additional Hang Signature 2: 0dcd   Additional Hang Signature 3: 0dcd76b026f965404280cf5ea1e5568b   Additional Hang Signature 4: ee7d   Additional Hang Signature 5: ee7d2dcb65deba781e1f212a7663e252   Additional Hang Signature 6: 0dcd   Additional Hang Signature 7: 0dcd76b026f965404280cf5ea1e5568b

I have a SimCity.DMP file dump if needed.

Message 69 of 135 (2,099 Views)

★ Novice

Happening to me as well.

Started a second city in the same region, was working well for several hours then when I went to reload it after visting a different city in the region it froze on loading.  I can now get in but can only play for 5 - 10 minutes before it freezes on me.

I had a friend visit the same city and they said they are having the same issue where it freezes on them as well.

Message 70 of 135 (2,016 Views)